Would be nice to have a ST that goes even somewhat right

interloper

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(MARCH 15th)

The Orioles have gone 12-3 over their last 15 games, good for an .800 winning percentage.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/team/schedule/_/name/bal/seasontype/1

Kevin Gausman went 5 Innings today, ceding 2 singles and a walk.

Gausman has thrown 8 consecutive shutout innings over his last 2 outings combined.

o

Yea, but he could have gone 6 innings... Only the Orioles...

It's worse when the errors were more mental than physical. The GB to second was a no brain play to first, that run doesn't matter, get the out. Wynn's wild pitch (pass ball) was just lazy IMO. He certainly did not look great defensively there. Won't see either player when camp breaks.

o

(vs. D-RAYS, 3/23)

1) ) Dylan Bundy pitched 5 innings of 1-run ball, striking out 6 while walking 1.

2) ) Darren O'Day pitched a shutout inning, striking out 2 (both looking) while allowing a single and a hit batsman.

2) ) O'Day has a 1.29  ERA and an 0.571 WHIP  for the 2018 Spring Training season so far.

3) ) Trey Mancini and Chris Davis each hit 2-run home runs, with Mancini reaching safely in all 3 of his plate appearances (he had 2 walks, in addition to his 2-run

3) )  homer before being replaced late in the game by Alex Presley.)

o

o

(MARCH 25th)

1) l The Orioles came from behind twice today to beat the Phillies, improving their Spring Training record to 17-12-5.

2) ll Miguel Castro looked very good in 3 innings of relief.

o

All-in-all, I think you have to be pretty satisfied with the spring.

The heart-of-the-order bats (minus Trumbo, who frankly I don't put in this category) all look to be in good form as the season starts.

The team added 2 SP during the spring, and regardless of your belief that their peripheral numbers will catch up to them, they both have to be looked on as marked improvements over what we had at the start of spring.

We've had a few potential interesting bullpen arms arrive in Rodriguez and Araujo.  Only time will tell if they are more diamonds in the rough in the bullpen or just ST fool's gold.

Sisco forced his way onto the team with his bat.  Some other younger guys looked decent in limited opportunities.

No major injuries (again minus Trumbo, who again I don't count).  No major controversies.

Ultimately you can always debate whether things went "right", but at least nothing seems to have gone horribly wrong.

5 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

All-in-all, I think you have to be pretty satisfied with the spring.

The heart-of-the-order bats (minus Trumbo, who frankly I don't put in this category) all look to be in good form as the season starts.

The team added 2 SP during the spring, and regardless of your belief that their peripheral numbers will catch up to them, they both have to be looked on as marked improvements over what we had at the start of spring.

We've had a few potential interesting bullpen arms arrive in Rodriguez and Araujo.  Only time will tell if they are more diamonds in the rough in the bullpen or just ST fool's gold.

Sisco forced his way onto the team with his bat.  Some other younger guys looked decent in limited opportunities.

No major injuries (again minus Trumbo, who again I don't count).  No major controversies.

Ultimately you can always debate whether things went "right", but at least nothing seems to have gone horribly wrong.

Hey, that was a nice spring!

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Yes, overall Im happy with how Spring Training went. We still have a lot of question marks, and well see how things unfold in the regular season.   

o

I'm generally happy with how Spring Training went, also.

But more than anything that happened on the field in the 32 Spring Training games (18-12-2) that the Orioles played From late February through late March that I am happy about was the signings of Andrew Cashner and Alex Cobb.

o

Archived