Who's the RH platoon in RF if Hays starts at AAA?

interloper

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

So a 23,000,000/yr platoon 1B, only about 21,500,000 over market value

Can’t worry about past mistakes.   Just have to minimize the impact.   I’d give Davis some chances vs. LHP, but if he’s not hitting them, it’s good to have someone who can.   

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Can’t worry about past mistakes.   Just have to minimize the impact.   I’d give Davis some chances vs. LHP, but if he’s not hitting them, it’s good to have someone who can.   

How many chances would you give him and how many do you think Buck will. I say Buck gives him til the end of May.

11 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

How many chances would you give him and how many do you think Buck will. I say Buck gives him til the end of May.

It's probably the juiciest question for April/May.  I'd probably have him in every day the first few weeks. 

Say if we see 5 out of 20 lefties to start the year and he goes 1-for-20 with 10K, that could be enough.  I think whether he can menace RHP at all would bear on this too.  If he's showing signs of life against RHP, I think it earns him some more LHP rope.   

But before April is over, if he's as bad as last fall overall, I'll be ready to see Valencia and Trumbo start against Sale, Pomeranz, Price, E-Rod, Montgomery, Happ, etc.

5 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

It's probably the juiciest question for April/May.  I'd probably have him in every day the first few weeks. 

Say if we see 5 out of 20 lefties to start the year and he goes 1-for-20 with 10K, that could be enough.  I think whether he can menace RHP at all would bear on this too.  If he's showing signs of life against RHP, I think it earns him some more LHP rope.   

But before April is over, if he's as bad as last fall overall, I'll be ready to see Valencia and Trumbo start against Sale, Pomeranz, Price, E-Rod, Montgomery, Happ, etc.

I'm sure fans will be ready by the end of April if not OD. Buck will probably give him at least 200 PA IMO.

1 hour ago, weams said:

Do not know. 

It appears they can:

n 2016, the Dodgers set a record by placing 28 different players on the DL, and they also totaled 33 different disabled list trips. Outside of the start of the season — when Yasmani Grandal and Howie Kendrick missed the first week of the regular season, able to backdate their DL stints into spring training — the Dodgers had no DL stints that were only the minimum 15 days.

14 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

It appears they can:

I think he was asking about when the option counts. If a player is optioned for only a few days during the season he does not lose the option for the year. 

I hate that "ego" still dictates what we do instead of intelligence.

davis can't hit lefties. Period. Damn his ego. We can't afford to piss away games these season, manny's last (most likely) all to placate Davis's fragile ego instead of giving ourselves the absolute optimal chance to win every game.

It's madness and pretty damn infuriating than grown ups can't get over their own egos to try and win a championship.

56 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Should’ve asked, who’s the RH platoon if Hays starts the year in AA.   Hays has been optioned to Bowie.    Sounds like Buck wants Hays to get on a roll before exposing him to Norfolk.     This is what they did with Mancini in 2016.   http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/03/wrapping-up-a-12-4-loss-1.html

The injury to Rifaela might also have helped. Until there are cuts or opt outs, Norfolk has a lot of outfielders too, with Bowie having...Well, not as many. The ones in Norfolk are mainly veterans, which will probably get the call if they need an outfielder for a few games instead of bringing up someone young just to sit on the bench for a week.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Should’ve asked, who’s the RH platoon if Hays starts the year in AA.   Hays has been optioned to Bowie.    Sounds like Buck wants Hays to get on a roll before exposing him to Norfolk.     This is what they did with Mancini in 2016.   http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/03/wrapping-up-a-12-4-loss-1.html

Whew. Even even I get one right I get it wrong! ?

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

He’s been banged up this ST. No reason to have him get off to a really bad start in AAA. It could snowball and possibly turn into a down year. 

Archived