Camden Depot: Nick threatened to kick John Hart where it hurts.

weams

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, weams said:

http://www.myajc.com/sports/baseball/markakis-seems-mission-4th-year-with-braves/IyQrKSv0iRIzqYOnp6LfDJ/

justD says that is what gets employees to snitch on illegal behavior and get executives banned for life. Of course she is a huge NIckM fan. 

I always liked Markakis, and always will.  Was a huge thrill to see him play in an ALCS after being on so many losing teams and his unfortunate injury before the 2012 playoffs.

Just a classy guy who you were proud to have on the team you root for.  I'll remember the 2014 AL East clinching celebration for a lot of things, but mostly for Markakis and the look of utter glee on his face.  IMO, he's an O's HOFer and will be welcomed back warmly by the organization and the fans on the day of his induction.  Wish we could've kept him but that's the business.

29 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Seems like things are looking up for the Braves under Anthopoulos.  I didn't know Hart was so toxic.

Seriously, with the Marlins bottoming out there is every opportunity to gain ground in a weak NL East.

I don't know...that Nats are a beast and I think the Phillies might still be a better team. At least on paper. 

I just did a double take.  He's got over 2000 career hits (2052).

If he averaged 181 hits (career average for a season) for the next 4 years,  he would tack on another 724 hits.  That would put him at 2776 into his age 37 season.

There's a slight, SLIGHT chance he could make a run at 3,000.  Odds are stacked against him, he doesn't hit for enough power to be a DH for anyone and his defense is declining.  

But, he is durable.  Aside from fatass Sabathia breaking his wrist, he hardly misses any games.  

I think we'd all be rooting for him, though.  It'd make him the first guy to get 3,000 hits, most likely never be an all star and certainly not make the hall of fame.  But he'd be in a pretty select class.  

I hope Nick likes the game enough that he sticks around a long time.  I was against re-signing him at Braves prices, but I've always thought he was a good guy and one of my favorite players.

He's sitting on 2052 career hits.  Last four years he's averaged 171 hits.  If he keeps playing and declines by five hits a year he'll reach 3000 hits during his age-41 season in 2025.  He's in no way a Hall of Famer, but that would be pretty cool.

Archived