Trumbo out 3-4 weeks

Greg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

So, does this increase Pedro Alvarez Jr's chances of at least getting added to the 40-man roster, if not necessarily of going north with the team in 2 weeks ???

o

Could be more room for Flaherty too. I would love to see Pedro in the lineup. I wonder if he has a hot start, what would that mean when Trumbo comes back?

I would hesitate to immediately pencil in Alvarez. We know he's ok with going to the minors for a little while and the roster spot allows many different possibilities: an extra bullpen arm, a third catcher, a proper UIF in addition to Valencia, etc. 

They could opt to bring someone on board with options who can easily be sent down rather than immediately write Pedro his $3 million and then have to expose someone to waivers. 

Just thinking out loud.

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

I would hesitate to immediately pencil in Alvarez. We know he's ok with going to the minors for a little while and the roster spot allows many different possibilities: an extra bullpen arm, a third catcher, a proper UIF in addition to Valencia, etc. 

They could opt to bring someone on board with options who can easily be sent down rather than immediately write Pedro his $3 million and then have to expose someone to waivers. 

Just thinking out loud.

We know no one else wants to give Pedro a job

7 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

LOL, 37 Million to Davis & Trumbo

and they are both hurt and likely to begin season on DL

and the kicker the O's are a better team without them

Yeah and no one even had to trip them in the parking lot.

Archived