Trumbo out 3-4 weeks

Greg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Yep, Melewski just confirmed that. Hello Alvarez.

Also, with Mountcastle breaking a bone in his right (throwing) hand...I really wonder how this will impact him at 3rd this season.

A healed finger shouldn't be enough to significantly impact throwing strength nor move a player off of a position. But if you are thinking this injury could make for a convenient excuse to get Mountcastle reps at 2B when he returns, I could see that.

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

We know no one else wants to give Pedro a job

He’s been a team player. I ❤️ Pedro. Just don’t let him play in the field. Reminds me of me in baseball, awful fielder, lol. 

9 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

I know it would be a bit of an F-U to Alvarez, but now that both Davis and Trumbo could start on the DL, does that open the door for the recently released Lind?

I was going to suggest that. Man was he money for the Nats last year!

26 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Is his contact insured?

I doubt it. What do we know? 

The Salcedo kid has had a decent ST, that would be an understandable move. Pitcher who does well on a MiL deal then added later. 

Really though, if both Davis and Trumbo are starting the year on the DL then Alvarez should be first man up. DH only, Mancini to 1B

25 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

A healed finger shouldn't be enough to significantly impact throwing strength nor move a player off of a position. But if you are thinking this injury could make for a convenient excuse to get Mountcastle reps at 2B when he returns, I could see that.

He is going straight to the outfield. 

3 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Left field has seemed for a while like where he'll end up. Thought they might delay the inevitable for a little longer.

Oh. I agree. It would be nice. And I have no knowledge. I just assume. 

36 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Trumbo is going to be banking 20 mil or so over the next 18 months, so he will be OK. Your wish might not be a good look, but I understand your feeling.

I wouldn't wish an injury on anyone, but realistically it's probably the only thing that will keep him out of the lineup on a regular basis. I feel like the Oriole's are a better team without him. Just my humble opinion. 

Archived