Showalter: O's "Lying in the weeds" in AL East

SeaBird

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Costanza - er - Larry David loves Mike Lupica so there is that!  Great read!

One night before, Buck Showalter had made yet another drive across Florida -- a long time and a long baseball life after making his first drive like it, over 40 years ago, in August 1977.

"Fort Lauderdale to Tampa," Showalter said while in his office in the visiting clubhouse at Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium, a few hours before his Orioles would play the Cardinals. "Tell you why I remember it. When I got off the bus in Tampa, I found out Elvis had died."

3 hours ago, bobmc said:

Costanza - er - Larry David loves Mike Lupica, so there is that !!!  Great read !!!

One night before, Buck Showalter had made yet another drive across Florida -------- a long time and a long baseball life after making his first drive like it, over 40 years ago, in August 1977.

"Fort Lauderdale to Tampa," Showalter said while in his office in the visiting clubhouse at Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium, a few hours before his Orioles would play the Cardinals. "Tell you why I remember it. When I got off the bus in Tampa, I found out that Elvis had died."

o

August of 1977 was a good time to be an Oriole fan.

8/16/77  ll (The Day Elvis Presley Died)

RED SOX lllllllllllllllllllll 70-44  lllllllllllll (- - -)

ORIOLES llllllllllllllllllll 68-49 llllllllllllll (3.5)

YANKEES lllllllllllllllllllll 67-50 llllllllllllll (4.5)

o

11 hours ago, Rene88 said:

Lol, yeah right. This team is a 3rd place team with the most optimistic of scenarios barring major injuries to Sox/Yankees. This team isn’t a postseason threat, sorry.

UMBC just called and said, "This is why you play the games."

Archived