Justin Turner out with broken wrist

joelala

1 hour ago, oriole said:

Machado will be with the O's to start the season. At this point a trade would be ridiculously hard to sell to a fan base that has been told they're not selling. I could see him traded at the deadline but definitely not this early.

Your premise is correct, Machado will start the season with the O's.   Your rationale is poor.  Selling the reason for trading Machado would certainly be no harder than selling the current line..."we are going for it!"

JMHO

The Dodgers will of course be fine in April/May.  This could be a boon in June/July if upon return Turner has a setback or looks greatly diminished.

If the time comes, as kingmakers we should of course send Britton to LA with Machado.

Don't forget it only took Willie Calhoun for Darvish, so we might not even be able to get Buehler even for both of them.

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I love you're thinking, but unfortunately the Orioles are half-heartedly "all in" this season and are perfectly fine falling off a cliff in 2019 when Machado leaves. 

I really love the Orioles "all in" strategy that currently has 40% of the starting rotation as Tillman and TBD.  

At this point its too close to the Opener to trade Manny.  Right or wrong, the Orioles made a decision to go for it this year and thus they have to stick to that plan.  The only move left that truly makes sense is Cobb, and then if we are not contending at the break, you start dealing Manny, Jones, Britton, Brach, Cashner, Cobb, and Schoop.  

55 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I really love the Orioles "all in" strategy that currently has 40% of the starting rotation as Tillman and TBD.  

How about an "all in" that includes 3 Rule V picks? You know guys that weren't in the top 40 for their old team.

4 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I know from talking to Manny that he loves LA and would love to play there someday if the Orioles don't(they won't) re-sign him. I'd be thrilled to have Manny in LA...anywhere but the Yankees or any team in the AL East.

They have a SS.

1 hour ago, Dipper9 said:

At this point its too close to the Opener to trade Manny.  Right or wrong, the Orioles made a decision to go for it this year and thus they have to stick to that plan.  The only move left that truly makes sense is Cobb, and then if we are not contending at the break, you start dealing Manny, Jones, Britton, Brach, Cashner, Cobb, and Schoop.  

Seeing how poor the free agent market is and Manny's pending $300M plus deal, im not sure the O's would have gotten the package they wanted anyhow. I didnt hear any rumors of a trade sent to Angelos for approval. 

Archived