Random Question: Where is Dariel Alvarez?

Rene88

• 3 months later...
36 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Alvarez pitched a 1-2-3 inning in the GCL today.   Nice to see him back throwing!

He is 30 years old now. Is he really a prospect? Henry Urrutia is batting .362 with a .457 OBP in the Mexican League. Bring him back. About the same age as Colby. I remember when Bordick called them both future stars.

7 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

He is 30 years old now. Is he really a prospect? Henry Urrutia is batting .362 with a .457 OBP in the Mexican League. Bring him back. About the same age as Colby. I remember when Bordick called them both future stars.

I remember the rap with some was that Urrutia wasn’t getting around on the ball. But what my eyes remember from his most recent time up with the O’s was that he was going opposite field a whole lot and getting on base, which I thought was a good thing. Likely a small sample size and I don’t have the stats handy, but that’s my flagging memory. I liked him. 

1 hour ago, NashLumber said:

I remember the rap with some was that Urrutia wasn’t getting around on the ball. But what my eyes remember from his most recent time up with the O’s was that he was going opposite field a whole lot and getting on base, which I thought was a good thing. Likely a small sample size and I don’t have the stats handy, but that’s my flagging memory. I liked him. 

In Norfolk last season, he was only hitting around .100 and wasn't making solid contact at all, before being released.

2 hours ago, NashLumber said:

36 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

In Norfolk last season, he was only hitting around .100 and wasn't making solid contact at all, before being released.

Ugh. Sorry to hear that. 

16 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Urrutia just didnt have the talent to play in the bigs. IMO

Archived