Random Question: Where is Dariel Alvarez?

Rene88

20 hours ago, Going Underground said:

He is 30 years old now. Is he really a prospect? Henry Urrutia is batting .362 with a .457 OBP in the Mexican League. Bring him back. About the same age as Colby. I remember when Bordick called them both future stars.

I don't know if they are too old to be prospects. 

20 hours ago, NashLumber said:

I remember the rap with some was that Urrutia wasn’t getting around on the ball. But what my eyes remember from his most recent time up with the O’s was that he was going opposite field a whole lot and getting on base, which I thought was a good thing. Likely a small sample size and I don’t have the stats handy, but that’s my flagging memory. I liked him. 

I still like Hank. I met him his first day in America. Great man. 

• 5 months later...
59 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I saw he elected for free agency on Nov 2nd, 2018.  I wonder if he'll still try to comeback as a pitcher.  

He is currently playing for Jalisco in the Mexican Winter League.

In 33 games, he has played 11 at first and 22 in right field. 0 as a pitcher. .276 average with 7 home runs.

Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

He is currently playing for Jalisco in the Mexican Winter League.

In 33 games, he has played 11 at first and 22 in right field. 0 as a pitcher. .276 average with 7 home runs.

I wonder if that’s just because he can’t physically pitch right now but can technically play baseball...

Archived