Ubaldo and Feldman

weams

2 hours ago, tntoriole said:

Well he never did in the four years we paid him and now he is 4 years older.  He would never stick with any mechanics changes that might have helped him, always going back to his incredibly erratic motion.   DD gave Tyler a major league job over Miguel Gonzalez.   No to Ubaldo.  No, no, no.  No to Ryan Flaherty, no to Nolan Reimold...time to move on.  

Mid-way through Ubaldo's no-hitter, he DITCHED THE WINDUP! He finished the last four or so innings pitching solely from the stretch. He may want to consider that going forward if he wants to try to continue pitching.He is always going to have a herky-jerky delivery, but the stretch might help reduce his mechanical flaws. Considering research has shown that pitchers do not lose significant velocity from the stretch, it may be in his best interest.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, clapdiddy said:

I'd have no problem with Ubaldo or Feldman signing a minor-league deal with the Orioles. 

I'd rather have Feldman. I do like Ubaldo though. I think he is a good man but it's time to hang up his glove. IMO 

5 hours ago, weams said:

Tilman may be awful this year. We will know in a month. Cobb and Cashner allow for that to be addressed. 

He may. But I know Ubaldo would be. And if Tillman falters, we can go with Castro or whoever, and I'd be fine with that before Ubaldo. Ubaldo' s number should have been flushed down the toilet the second he became a FA.

2 hours ago, weams said:

Ubaldo is a very nice man. He won our pennant for us one night when many stayed home because he was pitching. I still wish he had started that game in Toronto. 

He is a very nice man according to those who know him.  But, as a fan, his good performances were nowhere, nowhere near the fails he had all the while receiving the largest free agent pitching contract in Orioles history.   The fact that he is nice or that he did good things at times on the field is completely irrelevant to me in answering the here and now  question of his aging, erratic and declining skill set that made him one of the worst pitchers in baseball in 2017 being useful at all in this organization in 2018.  If he is given a slot in Norfolk, that is a slot that could be better occupied by pitchers already in this organization, imho. 

Nothing personal, no “hate”...just baseball.  

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

He is a very nice man according to those who know him.  But, as a fan, his good performances were nowhere, nowhere near the fails he had all the while receiving the largest free agent pitching contract in Orioles history.   The fact that he is nice or that he did good things at times on the field is completely irrelevant to me in answering the here and now  question of his aging, erratic and declining skill set that made him one of the worst pitchers in baseball in 2017 being useful at all in this organization in 2018.  If he is given a slot in Norfolk, that is a slot that could be better occupied by pitchers already in this organization, imho. 

Nothing personal, no “hate”...just baseball.  

So the story of him coming up in September to pitch us to the division championship in 2018 is just a weamsdream? 

2 minutes ago, weams said:

So the story of him coming up in September to pitch us to the division championship in 2018 is just a weamsdream? 

You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, Whatever you are!

25 minutes ago, weams said:

I had the same dream about Brooks in 1977 and Johnny U in Super Bowl 3...dreams are just that.  

53 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are !!!

o

I think I remember that from A Christmas Carol, when Scrooge wanted to undermine/convince himself of disbelief of the first of the ghosts that he saw.

o

12 minutes ago, O's are Legends said:

Until now, never in my life did I think, I would prefer Scott Feldman pitching over Chris Tillman.

Regarding Ubaldo, I can't ever watch Ubaldo pitch again. Unless it was against the Orioles, that I would welcome.

o

Immediately prior to the 1976 season, you probably would not have thought that you would prefer Wayne Garland on the bump more than Mike Cuellar.

S**** happens sometimes.

o

Archived