2019 Oriole Life after Buck

Redskins Rick

39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Then maybe he should go fishing for a team with a better probability of winning a WS in the next 5 years.    The odds aren’t great here.   Of course, teams that have a good shot at the WS don’t have managerial openings very often.   

I guess the O's should win the WS this year and get that milestone out of the way.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, rudyrooster said:

Just guessing that Buck may prefer a year-to-year contract at this stage in his career.  I hope he chooses to return and manage the O's in 2019.  In Buck I trust.  Duquette is another story.

As long as he doesn't jump teams or hit the broadcast booth I don't see why he would be opposed to a multi-year deal.  If he retires he retires, Angelos can't force him to keep managing.

2 minutes ago, rudyrooster said:

Just guessing that Buck may prefer a year-to-year contract at this stage in his career.  I hope he chooses to return and manage the O's in 2019.  In Buck I trust.  Duquette is another story.

I dont dislike DD, I think DD suffers more than Buck has to, for ownership meddling.

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

I dont dislike DD, I think DD suffers more than Buck has to, for ownership meddling.

I don't dislike DD either.  Just not sure if Angelos will keep him around after this season.  I think Buck controls his future in Baltimore.  Not so sure about Duquette.

On 3/27/2018 at 12:54 PM, Redskins Rick said:

Why would anyone dislike Duquette?    I dislike some of his tactics, like not returning phone calls from coaches whose contracts are up for renewal and agents for players who have contractual uncertainties.     But the guy has done a decent job here, at a minimum.    

On 3/27/2018 at 10:01 AM, Frobby said:

In my gut, I think Buck already knows what he’s doing in 2019, whether it’s leaving, staying on as manager, or moving to the front office.    There just hasn’t been a formal decision or announcement.

That said, I think if Buck got to choose his successor, he’d choose Russell, who’s been in the bench coach role for a long time (mid-2011).    

I think Buck has thought considerably about what he wants to be doing in 2019, 2020, 2021 and in excruciating detail.  Telling us?  Ummm...not happening. 

As a fan, although I have been on the fence about Dan being extended (as there have been major mistakes made in my view as well as major positive contributions, and I really, really, really disliked the whole Toronto dalliance),  I have come around to the view that I would be perfectly fine with new four year deals for both Dan and Buck, if they want to stay. 

If my choice is Dan or Brady Anderson....good grief, I would give Dan whatever the heck he wanted. 

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I think Buck has thought considerably about what he wants to be doing in 2019, 2020, 2021 and in excruciating detail.  Telling us?  Ummm...not happening. 

I think he’s not only thought about it, but has discussed it with Peter Angelos and reached an understanding.   But nothing will be formalized while Duquette is under contract.    Just my speculation, with nothing to back it up.

On 3/27/2018 at 11:05 AM, wildcard said:

I think their is a question on whether Duquette is coming back.  To extend Buck and not Dan would be awkward for the team.

Why would it be awkward?

I think Dan is gone, one way or another.  Ill feelings after the Toronto thing will play a role.   The obvious rising influence of Brady Anderson.

The writing is on the wall, and I don't see Buck extending or not as having anything to do with Duquette.   I know

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Why would it be awkward?

I think Dan is gone, one way or another.  Ill feelings after the Toronto thing will play a role.   The obvious rising influence of Brady Anderson.

The writing is on the wall, and I don't see Buck extending or not as having anything to do with Duquette.   I know

Well, clearly its not awkward for you.   But Dan and Buck have to work with each other for the rest on the season. It may be awkward for them.   Especially if Dan wants to stay.

Archived