Ongoing Lineup Thread, 2018

OFFNY

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Alright OH, question time. 

You're buck and still trying to compete. You have Trumbo coming back soon, but Schoop and Beckham are hurt. How does your lineup and defensive outlook go? Personally, I'm all for Trumbo or Davis trying to play 2B and shifting Schoop to 3B depending on Beckham's timetable. 

Keep playing Peterson. Play him at 3rd with Valencia  

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

We don't know that. We won't know that until ownership gives the OK for a selloff.

You can lose 100 games with the current team or you can lose 100 games with a team of prospects  while saving ten's of millions of dollars.   The quicker you trade Machado and Schoop the more money you save. 

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

You can lose 100 games with the current team or you can lose 100 games with a team of prospects  while saving ten's of millions of dollars.   The quicker you trade Machado and Schoop the more money you save. 

I'm not the one that has to be convinced.

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We’re in the worst phase of a rebuild.  Playing out the string with a losing team until the trade deadline. Then you have the stop gap phase and a 100 loss season (2019).  Then maybe you are a surprise team in 2020. 

I agree with your first sentence. This is hard to watch. That said they should not rush prospects just to do it. Don’t compound problems. 

Maybe I am lost but I don’t think next year has to be an ugly one. It seems to me in modern baseball the difference between a 65/70 win team and being a Wild Card contender is not as wide as it looks. Just look at the Twins the last couple of seasons. As flawed and poorly constructed as this team is not much has gone right.  

7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I agree with your first sentence. This is hard to watch. That said they should not rush prospects just to do it. Don’t compound problems. 

Maybe I am lost but I don’t think next year has to be an ugly one. It seems to me in modern baseball the difference between a 65/70 win team and being a Wild Card contender is not as wide as it looks. Just look at the Twins the last couple of seasons. As flawed and poorly constructed as this team is not much has gone right.  

AL East. Plain and simple. Do you think the twins were/are that much better than the Rays?  

30 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Santander,Gentry and Rickard.Not exactly the best in the majors.

No, but it's Sunday - traditionally a day Buck rests regulars.  I can't say I 100% disagree with webbrick2010's sentiment even if it won't happen going forward.  This is a very, very hard team to watch right now.

Archived