2018 Chris Tillman

Il BuonO

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly it reminds me a lot of like when Palmer was done just didn't know when to walk away. You so want them to make good on a comeback but they just don't have it.

It was so obvious tonight he was real lucky he didn't get shelled worse lots of hard hit stuff right at guys.

Who the hell is running this team?

Resigning Davis, trumbo and Tillman but we probably let Schoop and machado walk (not like we have much choice on the latter).

Just some awful decision making by our GM or should I more accurately say, "gm's".

I know it's early but we cannot afford to let Tillman stink all year long like we did with Ubaldo (and himself) last year.

Harvey better get ready to pitch in Baltimore.

On 4/1/2018 at 5:18 PM, OFFNY said:

o

We need him to do to the Astros what Joe Washington did to the Patriots in September of 1978.

In 1978, the Bert Jones-less Colts started the season at 0-2.

The combined score in those two losses was 80-0.

38-0 to the Cowboys, and 42-0 to the Dolphins.

Game # 3 was nationally televised on Monday Night Football, and it was against the Patriots ........ in Foxborough.

Those Patriots would go on to win the AFC East division title that season with an 11-5 record. They were favored in the game against the Colts by double digits, and everyone (except for the most loyal of Colts fans, such as myself) cringed at the thought of what would happen to the Colts that night.

Well, the Jones-less Colts beat the Patriots that night by a score of 34-27, when Joe Washington went wild by scoring 3 touchdowns in 3 different manners ........ all in the 4th quarter. One was a 54-yard pass to Roger Carr, one was a pass received from quarterback Bill Troup, and one was a 90-yard kickoff return with less than 2 minutes left to play for what proved .to be the winning score, right after the Patriots had tied the game at 27 apiece.

http://espn.go.com/abcsports/mnf/s/greatestmnf/balnwe1978.html

o

Sounds a bit like two games  before the Rsvens won Super Bowl XLVII. As I I recall, they were playing Peyton Manning and the Broncos. The Broncos were highly favored and the pundits were saying, why play the game bcause the Broncos would absolutely destroy the Ravens. But there are reasons why they actually play the game.

What the hay, let's tell another football story. In a baseball forum  :D

At any rate, there were about 30 seconds before the end of the 4th quarter. The score was something like 31-24 Broncos. Joe Flacco had the ball. He reared back and threw a bomb toward a rapidly running Jacoby Jones. Jones reached up and got the ball, ran across the goal line.   Touchdown! Kicker Justin Tucker got the extra point. Game tied, time for OVERTIME!!

The Broncos won the coin flip. I told myself thar the first team who made a .mistake would lose the game. Sure enough,  Payton Manning threw a perfect pass to a Raven defender. Interception!! Ravens ball. Flacco moved his team up to where Tucker could kick a field goal. Tucker did just that. RAVENS WIN!!!!

Brooksbaseball-Chart.thumb.jpeg.6912e13d16fd4814fe20ab55da60039d.jpeg

5ac3347921e74_Brooksbaseball-Chart(1).thumb.jpeg.59cc4c07b8ca375c08e16029d927f177.jpeg

release.php-pitchSel=501957&game=gid_2018_04_02_balmlb_houmlb_1&batterX=&innings=yyyyyyyyy&sp_type=1&s_type=&league=mlb&pnf=&zlpo=&cache=1.gif

So here is TIllman's 2015, 2017, and yesterday's release locations. 

He was a little higher than last year's release, but not his old 6.5+ ft release.

Also, spin rate on the fastball is still way down, actually lower than last year and velocity is still down. Swinging strike rate was 2.4% which is absymal. 

Generally, really bad signs, it's only one game, but it sure looks like the shoulder is still toast.

Certainly didn't look good last night.

Not sure how many watched the ESPN broadcast, but it was interesting listening to Rick Sutcliffe's commentary, basically recommending that Tillman come to grips with the fact that he's not a power pitcher anymore and needs to find other ways to be successful.  From the commentary it almost sounded like he felt sorry for Tillman - like someone who'd been through it before.

6 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Certainly didn't look good last night.

Not sure how many watched the ESPN broadcast, but it was interesting listening to Rick Sutcliffe's commentary, basically recommending that Tillman come to grips with the fact that he's not a power pitcher anymore and needs to find other ways to be successful.  From the commentary it almost sounded like he felt sorry for Tillman - like someone who'd been through it before.

There's been so many great power pitchers who have turned to toast before they were 30. It really is a shame.

It looks like Tillman is going to have to live and die with his curveball.

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

I didn’t see it, but that couldn’t have been much more discouraging.   Fastball sitting 89-90, touching 91.      Not throwing enough strikes, not afraid to throw his curve, from the looks of things.   

That is very discouraging.  0 K's,  no velocity, WHIP over 2.0.  If this were the first game of 2017, I wouldn't be panicking, but its the first game after watching Tillman's 2017.  My stomach hurts.

8 hours ago, Nevermore said:

Sounds a bit like two games  before the Rsvens won Super Bowl XLVII. As I I recall, they were playing Peyton Manning and the Broncos. The Broncos were highly favored and the pundits were saying, why play the game because the Broncos would absolutely destroy the Ravens. But there are reasons why they actually play the game.

o

The 1978 Jones-less Colts were much more of an underdog (as were last night's Orioles with Tillman on the mound.)

o

Archived