2018 Chris Tillman

Il BuonO

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ripken said:

He's done.

If Wright pitches decent tomorrow, Tillman has to go... unless they dump someone like Gentry for Cobb and try to move Tillman into the pen, which seems like a terrible idea.

Gentry isn’t going anywhere.

o

16 OUTS: ) 6 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 5 Flyouts, 3 Strikeouts, 1 Thrown Out Trying to Stretch a Single

CHRISTOPHER STEVEN TILLMAN )))))) (vs. YANKEES, 4/07)

IP:lll5.33

H:llll 8 )) (2 Doubles, 6 Singles)

R:lllll 5

BB:l.4

SO:ll3

Pitches: )l 106(58 )Strikes, )48 )Balls)

2018 ERA: )l 8.68 ) 9.33 IP  (9 ER)

2018 WHIP: )l 2.464 )  9.33 IP  (23 H/BB)

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .375 )  (15 for 40)

PITCHES BY INNING

13 ll(81 lllStrikes, llll51 lllBalls)

22 lll(12 llStrikes, lll10 llllBalls)

11 lll(51 llStrikes, llll61 ll.Balls)

17 llll(11 llStrikes, llll61 lllBalls)

21 llll(11 llStrikes, l.10 lllllBalls)

22 llll(11 llStrikes, ll11 lll.Balls) ) *

* )) Tillman recorded 1 out before departing in the 6th inning.

o

11 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Chris pitched pretty well today.  3 runs allowed through 5 innings.   Buck extended him to 106 pitches because the pen is toast right now.     Tillman earned another start.

We must have been watching a different game. As previously mentioned, he allowed 12 base runners through 5.1 IP. He was extremely lucky to allow only three runs.

2 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Today gave me a little hope that he can pitch in a 2+ innings relief situation moving forward. I think once Cobb comes up that is what I do with Tillman.

Chris' problems are most in the first inning  or two.  I don't see him as a reliever.

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

We must have been watching a different game. As previously mentioned, he allowed 12 base runners through 5.1 IP. He was extremely lucky to allow only three runs.

Lucky or not, wait till after the game.  Buck will be happy with his outing today.

For five innings he looked like an acceptable #5 starter, which is what we are going to need when Cobb comes up. His performance was similar to Wright's last start, but with no velocity. If the two of them end up being a tossup, I vote for keeping the one making the minimum who is under team control for several years.

I admire Bordick’s ability to have his personal affinity for someone override his ability to see reality.

I don’t know... I guess you can’t expect a play by play guy to give his actual opinion if it’s negative. I feel like Palmer does an excellent job walking the line.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I admire Bordick’s ability to have his personal affinity for someone override his ability to see reality.

I don’t know... I guess you can’t expect a play by play guy to give his actual opinion if it’s negative. I feel like Palmer does an excellent job walking the line.

Palmer is the best.

Archived