2018 Chris Tillman

Il BuonO

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty ugly part... hahaha just kidding.

I hope.

Hey at least before the game they get to witness Houston receiving their World Series rings before the game. Maybe it’ll fire them up or something.

The first couple months of this season are going to provide a challenge. They’ll obviously need much better starting pitching (and offensive output) than this.

32 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

Chris Tillman ........ the stopper ???

o

We need him to do to the Astros what Joe Washington did to the Patriots in September of 1978.

In 1978, the Bert Jones-less Colts started the season at 0-2.

The combined score in those two losses was 80-0.

38-0 to the Cowboys, and 42-0 to the Dolphins.

Game # 3 was nationally televised on Monday Night Football, and it was against the Patriots ........ in Foxborough.

Those Patriots would go on to win the AFC East division title that season with an 11-5 record. They were favored in the game against the Colts by double digits, and everyone (except for the most loyal of Colts fans, such as myself) cringed at the thought of what would happen to the Colts that night.

Well, the Jones-less Colts beat the Patriots that night by a score of 34-27, when Joe Washington went wild by scoring 3 touchdowns in 3 different manners ........ all in the 4th quarter. One was a 54-yard pass to Roger Carr, one was a pass received from quarterback Bill Troup, and one was a 90-yard kickoff return with less than 2 minutes left to play for what proved to be the winning score, right after the Patriots had tied the game at 27 apiece.

http://espn.go.com/abcsports/mnf/s/greatestmnf/balnwe1978.html

o

Meet the new Tillman?   Same as the 2017 one.

If I had just 3 questions I could ask Buck or whatever I would have to ask him if he was serious when he said he saw something that made him confident Tillman was going to revert to his old form, or if he was really just full of [stuff].

o

12 OUTS: ) 7 Groundouts, 3 Lineouts, 1 Flyout, 1 Popout

CHRISTOPHER STEVEN TILLMAN )))))) (vs. ASTROS, 4/02)

IP:ll.4 - PLUS

H:llll 7 )) (1 Home Run, 1 Triple, 2 Doubles, 3 Singles)

R:lllll 4

BB:l.4

SO:ll0

Pitches: )l 84(45 )Strikes, )39 )Balls)

2018 ERA: )l 9.00 ) 4.00 IP  (4 ER)

2018 WHIP: )l 2.750 )  4.00 IP  (11 H/BB)

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .368 )  (7 for 19)

PITCHES BY INNING

19 ll(10 lllStrikes, lll.91 lllBalls)

20 lll(91 llStrikes, lll11 llll.Balls)

81 lll(61 llStrikes, llll21 lllBalls)

29 lll(16 llStrikes, llll13 lll.Balls)

81 llll(41 llStrikes, lllll41 lllBalls) ) *

* )) Tillman did not record any outs before departing in the 5th inning.

o

On 4/1/2018 at 5:18 PM, OFFNY said:

o

We need him to do to the Astros what Joe Washington did to the Patriots in September of 1978.

In 1978, the Bert Jones-less Colts started the season at 0-2.

The combined score in those two losses was 80-0.

38-0 to the Cowboys, and 42-0 to the Dolphins.

Game # 3 was nationally televised on Monday Night Football, and it was against the Patriots ........ in Foxborough.

Those Patriots would go on to win the AFC East division title that season with an 11-5 record. They were favored in the game against the Colts by double digits, and everyone (except for the most loyal of Colts fans, such as myself) cringed at the thought of what would happen to the Colts that night.

Well, the Jones-less Colts beat the Patriots that night by a score of 34-27, when Joe Washington went wild by scoring 3 touchdowns in 3 different manners ........ all in the 4th quarter. One was a 54-yard pass to Roger Carr, one was a pass received from quarterback Bill Troup, and one was a 90-yard kickoff return with less than 2 minutes left to play for what proved to be the winning score, right after the Patriots had tied the game at 27 apiece.

http://espn.go.com/abcsports/mnf/s/greatestmnf/balnwe1978.html

o

o

Next time, just shut up and watch the game.

o

Archived