This team needs to start acting like they care.

amdcpus

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Haha. He needs more launch angle. 

The AB that just shows how dumb this team is, is the AB Schoop had with the bases loaded. With the shift, players are just brain dead at the plate.  The same AB whether it’s 9-0 or 1-1. 

I bet we’re last in the league in sac flies again. 

Sigh....I guess I have to go over this again.

1.   We were not last in the league in sac flies last year.    We weren’t close to last.   We had 37, which was tied for 9th out of 15.    League average was 40.    League low was 27.    As I said, we weren’t close to last.  

2.   How many sac flies a team gets is partially a function of how many opportunities it gets.   The O’s were 15th/15 In opportunities with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs.   Therefore, the Orioles were substantially better than average at converting sac fly opportunities.   They hit a sac fly 14.6% of the chances they had.   League average was 13.0%.

3.    There are other ways to score a runner from 3rd with less than two outs besides sac flies.  The Orioles cashed in those opportunities 56% of the time last year, best in the league; league average was 51%.

Honestly, I get very sick of this criticism of the team, year after year, because it’s completely false.     While it’s very frustrating when the Orioles don’t score from 3rd with nobody out, it happens to every team.   Or have you forgotten that the Yankees failed to score against us with the bases loaded, nobody out with the game on the line on Sunday?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

They could definitely DFA Mancini for his transgressions. He's at the minimum.

Excellent point. And while we’re at it we should tell Terry Crowley to knock it off and stop masquerading as ScOtt Coolbaugh. Crap’s getting old...

7 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Ha ha ha. He needs more launch angle. 

The plate appearance that just shows how dumb this team is is the plate appearance that Schoop had with the bases loaded. With the shift on, players are just brain dead at the plate. The same plate appearance, whether the score of the game is 9-0 or 1-1. 

I bet that were last in the league in sSac-Fies again. 

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

Sigh ......... I guess I have to go over this again.

1) )  We were not last in the league in Sac-Flies last year. We werent close to last. We had 37, which was tied for 9th out of 15. The league average was 40. The league low was 27. As I said, we werent close to last.  

2) )  How many Sac-Fies a team gets is partially a function of how many opportunities it gets. The Orioles were 15th/15 In opportunities with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs. Therefore, the Orioles were substantially better than average at converting sac fly opportunities. They hit a Sac-Fly 14.6% of the chances they had. The league average was 13.0%.

3) )  There are other ways to score a runner from 3rd with less than two outs besides Sac-Flies. The Orioles cashed in those opportunities 56% of the time last year, best in the league ........ the league average was 51%.

Honestly, I get very sick of this criticism of the team, year after year, because its completely false. While its very frustrating when the Orioles dont score from 3rd base with nobody out, it happens to every team. Or have you forgotten that the Yankees failed to score against us with the bases loaded and nobody out, with the game on the line on Sunday?

o

If I could thank this post twice, I would.

Since I cannot, the best that I can do is encourage others to give it greenies.

o

• 2 months later...
On 4/4/2018 at 12:03 AM, amdcpus said:

I want to see Santander screaming at the ground after grounding out softly for the 20th time in a row.

I want to see Mancini going crazy in the clubhouse, breaking any object in sight after going 0-3 and costing the team 2 runs on an error.

I want to see Davis snapping his bat in two after striking out for the 5th time in a row.

I want to see Wright screaming at Buck after he cost them the game by taking out the dominant pitcher for some Rule 5 hacks.

This team needs some emotion and passion, and needs to start acting like they care.

o

I think that we may have found a player that would make you happy if he were on the roster.

o

25 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Giants closer Hunter Strickland punched a wall, and broke his hand. He is out 6-8 weeks.

Another team that might be looking for relief pitching.

Image result for punch a wall GIF

o

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

I think that we may have found a player that would make you happy if he were on the roster.

o

Image result for punch a wall GIF

o

That's what the O's need.  25 guys who aren't afraid to put their fist or better yet their head through a wall.  Look at Lebron James, punched something with his hand and took the Cavaliers to the Finals.

6 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

That's what the O's need.  25 guys who aren't afraid to put their fist or better yet their head through a wall.  Look at Lebron James, punched something with his hand and took the Cavaliers to the Finals.

Then again, the Giants just lost their closer due to a rage injury. Can't let that happen to any of the guys who have trade value. Would be a blessing if it happened to Davis or Trumbo. 

Archived