Mike Wright is not a major league pitcher.

Snutchy

Every single game is important. When the regular season ends, one single loss or win can make a big difference in what happens next.

Should Tillman start for us again? 

Should Wright start for us again? 

Should an unproven rookie start for us? 

We have to figure this out, and soon.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I thought Buck said Cobb would make one more start in Sarasota.

You're probably right about that. I suppose they could pitch Bundy on Saturday if need be, but you'd like to get starters an extra day if you can.

57 minutes ago, Natty said:

Every single game is important. When the regular season ends, one single loss or win can make a big difference in what happens next.

I could see giving Tillman a few more chances because he has been successful in the past. Wright, not so much.

Wright made his own bed yesterday by making a poor decision and a poor throw on the come-backer with one out, and then losing his composure.  But he also had some bad luck on balls that were not hit hard but still found a hole.  His stuff is miles better than Tillman's and I'd much rather give Wright another shot at the fifth spot in the rotation.  He pitched well against Houston.  

12 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I could see giving Tillman a few more chances because he has been successful in the past. Wright, not so much.

Tillman is done.  He looked OK for what maybe 1-2 innings vs the Yankees but that was also a joke of a lineup the Yankees put out... basically 5 reserve players were starting.  Tillman is done. Toast. Finished.

1 hour ago, Natty said:

I disagree. Being in the 2nd week of April. 

29 minutes ago, Mayor McCheese said:

Tillman is done.  He looked OK for what maybe 1-2 innings vs the Yankees but that was also a joke of a lineup the Yankees put out... basically 5 reserve players were starting.  Tillman is done. Toast. Finished.

You may be right but I would like to get a look at him when it's not so cold.

Just now, Satyr3206 said:

You may be right but I would like to get a look at him when it's not so cold.

He looked bad in Houston.  He looked bad all last year.  He looked bad in spring training.  He gets one more start IMO with a very short leash.  If he struggles he should just be released.  We threw him a bone, no one else wanted him.  We have other options.  At least with Cobb coming up soon that should only make us have to juggle one rotation spot instead of 2.

5 minutes ago, crawjo said:

If neither Wright nor Tillman can be Major League starters, who is next in line at this point? Cortes? Castro? Who?

I’d say Castro, but at this point they may need to send him back down to get him stretched out.

Wright on outing: “I felt like I was throwing some pretty good pitches. They’re a good-hitting team. They made some quality contact. I think the one pitch I really, really wish I had back was the last one to Torreyes. But other than that, I feel like I battled and threw some pretty good pitches.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/04/gentrys-run-scoring-single-in-12th-gives-os-8-7-win.html

Archived