vs. RED SOX, 4/13

OFFNY

22 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

The ball was wedged behind the tarp. That is lodged to me. The fact that Betts threw it back is irrelevant.  

Betts had no trouble getting the ball. I don't know. If Jones runs hard, the ruling itself is a non-topic.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chavez Ravine said:

Maybe Dan got fed up with Brady badgering him to sign Tillman , and said "Screw it. I signed him.  You happy!?! Ask Peter for the money."

Maybe he doesn't have to ask Peter.

Maybe Brady walks around with a Peter Angelos - signed blank check in his pocket.

Just in case.

1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

They said the rule is like if it gets lodged under the padding in the OF. As long as a fielder can get the ball out, it's considered a live ball.

There is no way in hell they should expect a player to dig a ball out from behind the tarp. That is just asinine.  

Rule doesn’t say it has to be underneath. 

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Coming into tonight, take away Beckam's 1st 17 games with #Orioles when he hit like Babe Ruth, he's slashed 218/.269/.355/.624 in his last 212 PAs.

That's scary troubling. Talk about an Oriole with an all-or-nothing approach at the plate.

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

The ball was wedged behind the tarp. That is lodged to me. The fact that Betts threw it back is irrelevant.  

What is not irrelevant is that our veteran centerfielder failed to run out the ball.  He slow-jogged to first and halfway to second before belatedly realizing the ball was in play.  Definitely cost a run due to lazy baserunning. 

Archived