Caleb Joseph is hitting .103

Frobby

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He was pretty solid last year.  .700 OPS, worth 1.6 rWAR despite only starting 69 games.   But if you drill down, you’ll see he finished the year in a terrible funk, batting only .141/.167/.219 from August 11 to the end of the season.    For some reason, when Caleb gets in a funk he really has trouble pulling out of it.   Sisco needs to play more while Caleb is flailing.   

Even if Caleb was playing better I don't care for how long Sisco has sat.  I know it's a long stretch of left handed pitching but still, I don't think sitting that much does him any favors.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Even if Caleb was playing better I don't care for how long Sisco has sat.  I know it's a long stretch of left handed pitching but still, I don't think sitting that much does him any favors.

Send him down if he's not going to get most of the starts. There's no need in wasting a year of his clock on a team going nowhere.

Just now, maybenxtyr said:

Send him down if he's not going to get most of the starts. There's no need in wasting a year of his clock on a team going nowhere.

You have to give us fans something to look at.

Watching Sisco's at bats help me make it though the Davis at bats.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

You have to give us fans something to look at.

Watching Sisco's at bats help me make it though the Davis at bats.

I guess. I would rather see most of the young guys over some of the vets that see playing daily but it's not going to happen.

They're going to run this into the ground in epic fashion in an attempt to compete.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I agree.

3 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

I've said it before but it bears repeating. Did anyone honestly think Caleb Joseph was the solution as our starting catcher?

Sure folks did, a fair number of them on this site. 

At least one of the stat minded sites I frequent that rate framing as being rather more valuable than I do.

Folks love a good story.

37 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

I've said it before but it bears repeating. Did anyone honestly think Caleb Joseph was the solution as our starting catcher?

I thought he’d be fine as a transitional starter as Sisco eased into the role.    I do expect him to hit better than he is now, albeit he’s a weak hitter.  

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I sort of agree, but on the other hand I’m not exactly looking to put mileage on my young catcher. He is learning just sitting on the MLB bench. I think he needs regular at bats and Buck has missed some DH opportunities (for obvious Buck minded reasons). Things should open soon.

Archived