Amazing that at 37 the 83 title doesn't seem that long ago

Canson80

It's because it was sooooo wonderful!  I was 12 turned 13 that summer.  It was all the better after the heartbreak of losing to the Pirates in 1979 after being up 3-1.  I jumped so high in the basement I knocked a giant hole in the drop ceiling tiles.  My dad was pissed.  I couldn't have cared less. xD

2 hours ago, Chavez Ravine said:

o

That was a GREAT movie.

I first saw it on VHS, back in 1989.

Randall Adams ........ I'll never forget that name. I won't give away any spoilers in regard to the movie's conclusion and the subsequent fate of Adams (and the man who actually committed the crime), in case somebody here on the OH has not seen it.

o

6 hours ago, drjohnnyfeva said:

It's because it was sooooo wonderful!  I was 12 turned 13 that summer.  It was all the better after the heartbreak of losing to the Pirates in 1979 after being up 3-1.  I jumped so high in the basement I knocked a giant hole in the drop ceiling tiles.  My dad was pissed.  I couldn't have cared less. xD

Same here, I turned 13 that June. I was living near Reading, PA which was Phillies territory, and I never liked the Phils (mostly because of their fans). So it was twice as enjoyable. Especially when Murray took touted rookie pitcher Charles Hudson deep twice in game 5. My neighborhood was dead quiet that day except for my house.

I was on a Navy cruiser (USS California CGN-36) and we had pulled into NAVSTA Cubi Pt (Phillipines) the day before the final game.  I watched the WS clinching game over a friends house (middle of the night) drinking San Miguel beer. I believe I was late for muster that next am...

I was 4 and didn’t know what an Oriole was.  Not even sure I had ever passed through Maryland yet — it was before I lived here.  

So the idea that it was just like yesterday or something is absurd.  And the direction of things now isn’t going to remedy that.

14 minutes ago, JohnD said:

So the idea that it was just like yesterday or something is absurd.  And the direction of things now isn’t going to remedy that.

The universe is something like 13.8 billion years old, so the Orioles won the World Series 0.0000003% of time ago.  That was like yesterday.

This is why I hated all those Johnny come lately Sox and Cubs fans in recent years that were my age or younger.  

OOOOMG THEY HAVEN'T WON A WORLD SERIES IN MY LIFETIME, ITS TERRIBLE.

Yeah, I was born in Sept 81.  I had just turned 2 when the Orioles won.  I don't remember any of it.

We're in the same boat.  Shut up.  

Archived