Bye Danny

weams

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Pedro is actually looking cat quick out there for a big man. 

Rick Dempsey said on the postgame show that until Pedro appeared at 3B in the first inning, he didn’t realize that Pedro had ever played 3B, and in any event, he’d never had to play it for the Orioles the last two years since Manny was out there.   

Well, Rick, Pedro has played 3B in 566 major league games, so maybe you’d better start watching Major League Baseball and get a clue.   While your at it, why don’t you watch the Orioles play, since Pedro played 12 games there for us (6 starts) in 2016 (while Hardy was injured and Manny was playing SS).

8 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Mancini is kinda a stiff at first base. No range and can’t throw to the bases at all. Somehow Valencia and Pedro are more athletic. 

Well for someone that doesn't play it much, he did good. Picked a couple of throws from the dirt, made several nice stretch plays and came off the bag nicely to field a wild Alvarez throw.

Not bad for a stiff with no range...

13 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Well for someone that doesn't play it much, he did good. Picked a couple of throws from the dirt, made several nice stretch plays and came off the bag nicely to field a wild Alvarez throw.

Not bad for a stiff with no range...

But can he throw the ball to 2nd base to start a double play?  He’s just uncoordinated that’s all.  I like the guy. He’s just a DH. 

18 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

But can he throw the ball to 2nd base to start a double play?  He’s just uncoordinated that’s all.  I like the guy. He’s just a DH. 

Trey is an exceptional athlete and can handle either position more than adequately.  We should worry about the zillion other holes in this team. 

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

He fielded what was hit his way, but Mancini saved at least errant throws from him.  Mancini looked like a very capable 1B, too bad we have an anchor there for almost 5 more years.

Five more? Geez that long?

28 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Trey is an exceptional athlete and can handle either position more than adequately.  We should worry about the zillion other holes in this team. 

I’m sorry Mr. Mancini but exceptional athlete and Mancini should never be uttered in the same sentence. He has the 2nd best ABs on the team though. 

30 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Exceptional athlete?    Compared to the average human, sure.   Compared to the average major leaguer, I would not say so at all.   

Archived