Astros Chacon suspended for "insubordination"

blueberryale77

Wow based on what I read he grabbed Wade and threw him down by the neck.

Man that is reckless. Unbelievable.

Sounds like Wade was rude and what not, but still unexcusible.

Hello blacklist.

Ahh, they've updated the story now. You had me confused there for a minute.

That's just according to the player who was explaining how calm he was... about 2 seconds before he grabbed the other guy by the throat.

I'm not treating his report as gospel...

Hello blacklist.

Nevermind I am a stupid

Chacon should be grateful he's only suspended, because Wade could probably have him arrested for battery if he chose to press charges. That's gotta be it for him. It sounds like Wade is far from blameless here, but there are things you simply cannot do as a player, and unwanted physical contact with the GM is one of those things. It doesn't matter what he said. And if Chacon thinks real world jobs are any different, he's got some painful lessons to learn. "Keep your hands to yourself" isn't just for kindergartners.

It sounds like Wade is far from blameless here, but...

Why would we think that? Because the attacker said so?

From reading the link, that guy's story just doesn't add up, to me anyway.

Are there eye-witness reports about this that I'm missing?

Chacon should be grateful he's only suspended, because Wade could probably have him arrested for battery if he chose to press charges. That's gotta be it for him. It sounds like Wade is far from blameless here, but there are things you simply cannot do as a player, and unwanted physical contact with the GM is one of those things.

Just saying: I don't want to be around for the "WANTED" physical contact! :eek::eek::D:D

Why would we think that? Because the attacker said so?

Because Ed Wade has a prior reputation of bullying players and being nasty and unprofessional. He used to go on screaming rampages in Philadelphia, at Billy Wagner and others, throw chairs, etc. I'd link you to the article from 2005 but the link appears to have expired. Suffice it to say he too seems to have anger issues and has taken advantage of his GM status to say things to players and treat them in ways that would get him punched in the face if he were out on the street. Chacon's behavior was still inexcusable, but maybe it's time Wade learned that it is unwise to say nasty things to people who can deck you.

Archived