Meoli calls out the players also in article

Going Underground

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Jones was good.

Right now he's bad.

Watching Jones has been the most discouraging part of the season for me. Offensively, I think he is OK. He just needs a different situation where the weight of the world is not on his shoulders and he has more space to adapt to the fact that he can’t just swing away and assume he is going to get into the zone 4-5 times a season anymore. Defensively he has fallen off a cliff. Moving him off of center will help, but the aggregate prognosis is....depressing. He is my favorite current player.

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

But the article implies that some of the veterans are uncoachable. 

You mean to tell me that highly paid veterans who have stayed in the major leagues by doing what they do are uncoachable?  NO WAY!

18 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Huey Lewis is really in the news today.

That was terrible news.  Sports is a great 80s jam.

53 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

Watching Jones has been the most discouraging part of the season for me. Offensively, I think he is OK. He just needs a different situation where the weight of the world is not on his shoulders and he has more space to adapt to the fact that he can’t just swing away and assume he is going to get into the zone 4-5 times a season anymore. Defensively he has fallen off a cliff. Moving him off of center will help, but the aggregate prognosis is....depressing. He is my favorite current player.

Jones just needs a fresh start. I don’t know where he’s going to go, but someone is going to get a heck of a player for a “C” level prospect. 

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Jones just needs a fresh start. I don’t know where he’s going to go, but someone is going to get a heck of a player for a “C” level prospect. 

Nah...they'll get him for a contract.  We can't trade AJ...that would mean we are not going for it. ;) 

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

You don’t think he’d waive that to go win?  

I think he'd want something to waive it.  Maybe that would just be choice of team, maybe a contract for next year.

I don't see him giving up for nothing (I wouldn't).

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think he'd want something to waive it.  Maybe that would just be choice of team, maybe a contract for next year.

I don't see him giving up for nothing (I wouldn't).

Oh I think it would have to be to a division leader. Not just some team in the WC chase. If Atlanta, SF, or St Louis, get a big lead, then they would be good fits. 

I think he’d even give up CF to have a legit shot at a ring. 

40 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Oh I think it would have to be to a division leader. Not just some team in the WC chase. If Atlanta, SF, or St Louis, get a big lead, then they would be good fits. 

I think he’d even give up CF to have a legit shot at a ring. 

Not many contenders have a place to play him. I guess from your list SF and the Cardinals might sense but I wouldn’t do it if I was the cards. I could just play Bader. Atlanta has nowhere to put him.

Archived