MLB Trade rumors on Orioles overhual .

HOF19

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I have no idea, I hate playing the whole armchair GM thing.  

My thoughts are that this team is going to be absolutely pathetic for years to come.  Having Manny gives a semblance of hope.

Trumbo sucks.  

Why do they have to be pathetic for years to come? Why?

They have a fairly high draft pick this year and next year it will be even higher. If the Angelos sons start investing Internationally why does this have to take forever?

6 minutes ago, wildcard said:

The Davis deal is 23m but only 17m of that is being paid now because of deferrals.  The is not going the stop the O's from acquiring or extending players.

Coming off the books:

Jones 17m, Manny 16m,  Britton 12m,  Brach 5.165M, Rasmus 3m, Tillman 3m. Valencia 1.2m. Gentry 900k.  That is 58m    Additionally I would not be surprised to see Trumbo  13.5m and O'Day 9m traded.   That totals 80m.

That can support a lot of  extensions and FA acquisitions if the O's keep spending which they have to do to keep MASN worth what they want it to be worth.

$17 million a year is enough for at least one top of the rotation starter.  The Chris Davis tax hurts.

MASN value is going down every year because of cord cutting, and the Orioles unwillingness to consider streaming rights.

Orioles revenue will be adversely affected by declining attendance over the next few years.

Several Orioles are approaching their expensive arbitration years.

The Orioles financial picture is not as bright as you seem to think it is.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

My thoughts are that this team is going to be absolutely pathetic for years to come.  Having Manny gives a semblance of hope.

Trumbo sucks.  

My point was why in the world would Manny want to stay here?  He can go to a larger market, with a good team, and still make huge amounts of money.

If the O's keep him they are going to have to back up two trucks.

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Trumbo sucks.  

Didn't suck when he hit 47 homer and drove in 108.  The question is can he find it again.

Just now, wildcard said:

Didn't suck when he hit 47 homer and drove in 108.  The question is can he find it again.

Ohh RBI's quoted, things are getting desperate.

The rest of his game is so poor that even with 47 dongs and 108 runs batted in he was a league average player.

He's now older and more expensive.

2 minutes ago, LC_O's_87 said:

They are going to bundle someone with Machado.  While it will lessen the return, if you can rid yourself of Trumbo it will be addition by subtraction.

I’d rather have the better players and just eat the Trumbo deal. 

3 minutes ago, nadecir said:

$17 million a year is enough for at least one top of the rotation starter.  The Chris Davis tax hurts.

MASN value is going down every year because of cord cutting, and the Orioles unwillingness to consider streaming rights.

Orioles revenue will be adversely affected by declining attendance over the next few years.

Schoop and Gausman are the only two arbitration guys that will be expensive next year.   Bundy will get around 6m.  That is not a lot of players.

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Agreed.   If we released Trumbo and Davis, that would be addition by subtraction.   The players we get to fill their roles would be cheap, so it would not be that harmful to the bottom line.

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Depends what they think of Stewart, Hays and Mullins...The ideal would be to get Mancini out of LF more , open up the DH spot for the 2nd half so the kids can season at the MLB level.

Wouldn't hurt to shed Trumbo's salary for next year either.

4 minutes ago, nadecir said:

The sports revenues grow every year. 

If streaming rights was costing the Orioles money then why have they not done anything? 

Gausman, Bundy and Schoop are the only players who will receive any significant money in arbitration. 

The Davis deal hurts no doubt but I don’t think it kills them.  

Archived