We Can Still Win This Thing!

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/12/2018 at 10:09 AM, Tbone83 said:

We are winning the second wildcard! We are going to extend Manny! Davis is going to hit 50! We are going to Oregon! Then we are going to Michigan! Then we are going to Washington DC to take back the White House! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

oowzEUh.jpgLike this?

4 hours ago, VaBird1 said:

I do think they will do that.

For what it's worth, I do also think that we will have a period of regression to the mean (in fact, we may be doing that as we speak given we have won 5 of the last 6). Before the year began, I thought we would be a 70-75 win club. I think we still have a fair shot of getting back to that (though I might be inclined to gamble to lower end of that range). 

11 hours ago, HokieOs said:

For what it's worth, I do also think that we will have a period of regression to the mean (in fact, we may be doing that as we speak given we have won 5 of the last 6). Before the year began, I thought we would be a 70-75 win club. I think we still have a fair shot of getting back to that (though I might be inclined to gamble to lower end of that range). 

If Gausman and Bundy keep doing their thing - they'll definitely get there.

Despite all the talk about draft picks and trading Manny, I'm still rooting for this team to go on a hell of a run, somehow get to .500 by late August, then fight to sneak into the 2nd WC race. I know it's far fetched, but what a fun summer that would be. 

12 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

At this point, I just want a strong enough team that can realistically play spoiler to the Yankees.

Meh...if we 'spoil' the Yankees, they're still getting a Wild Card and it only means the Red Sox get the division and I dislike the two teams equally. If we play spoilers in September with a strong month, I hope it's on the backs of Austin Hays, D.J. Stewart, Cedric Mullins and a couple prospects we pick up for Manny.

On 5/12/2018 at 6:42 AM, Bahama O's Fan said:

Only 15 games out. We have won a total of 11 games. It's not impossible. Let's go on a streak!

It's this kind of thinking that will cause the Orioles to hold onto Machado and lose him for a draft pick.  It's fun to watch wins, but this team is not competing for anything this year.

1 hour ago, osfan83 said:

Despite all the talk about draft picks and trading Manny, I'm still rooting for this team to go on a hell of a run, somehow get to .500 by late August, then fight to sneak into the 2nd WC race. I know it's far fetched, but what a fun summer that would be. 

What I am rooting for (also unrealistic) is for the Orioles to trade Manny for a bunch of young controllable players and THEN go on that type of run you are talking about. :) 

1 hour ago, jamalshw said:

Meh...if we 'spoil' the Yankees, they're still getting a Wild Card and it only means the Red Sox get the division and I dislike the two teams equally. If we play spoilers in September with a strong month, I hope it's on the backs of Austin Hays, D.J. Stewart, Cedric Mullins and a couple prospects we pick up for Manny.

I don’t know about Baltimore, but over here, Yankees fans have come outta the wood work. I would rather for them to have to sweat out a one game playoff than the Sox. 

On 5/12/2018 at 10:09 AM, Tbone83 said:

We are winning the second wildcard! We are going to extend Manny! Davis is going to hit 50! We are going to Oregon! Then we are going to Michigan! Then we are going to Washington DC to take back the White House! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I think we're in for a Sixth Sense type ending...

1 hour ago, Yardball85 said:

What I am rooting for (also unrealistic) is for the Orioles to trade Manny for a bunch of young controllable players and THEN go on that type of run you are talking about. :) 

Me too

1 hour ago, Yardball85 said:

It's this kind of thinking that will cause the Orioles to hold onto Machado and lose him for a draft pick.  It's fun to watch wins, but this team is not competing for anything this year.

I agree.

Archived