Roster changes coming?

wildcard

4 hours ago, bobmc said:

Pedro experiment over yet?  ?

I guess not - carry on Pedro, challenges aplenty!

"Araujo remains on the roster due to his Rule 5 status.

“I’ve said many times in the major leagues and the American League, they’re going to have to pitch and we still think well of him,” Showalter said. “He’s got a future. It’s just kind of, unfortunately you have to be force-fed a little bit up here, and I felt for him.

“It’s tough. It’s not really his (fault). His experience level is a challenge for him. Like most guys from his background, and some of them pick it up at different paces and get to the point where they can contribute. So, very much like Anthony Santander. Anthony’s had his really good moments, but it’s challenging for guys with that experience level.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/05/orioles-settle-for-rain-delayed-doubleheader-split.html

I like Pedro, nice CH, handles the ceremonial first pitch celebration and photo op well but would any other team be this lenient?  It did look like he "strained his back" making the turn to see where the ball landed in the OF yesterday.  Arm position at foot plant looks good though!

DdCn7XuW0AAFT4x.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DJ Stewart is the next guy to get a chance at right field.  He has been moved to right field just recently from left which has to be for certain reasons.  We need a right fielder and he is hitting decent but getting on base very well

4 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

We are still trying to stash Araujo, while Branden Kline is playing around down in Frederick.

Brandon Kline has thrown 16 innings since 2015.  Yeah they have been holding him back.  Let him get his feet wet just on the mound the first half of season.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

I'm not a fan of your first idea.   No team takes his entire contact even with a pick.  Trading picks to save money?  You are a fan of that?

I'm a fan of unloading unnecessary pieces from a rebuilding club. Heck, you could probably get back an A ball prospect that was as much upside as that pick might return. 

22 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

DJ Stewart is the next guy to get a chance at right field.  He has been moved to right field just recently from left which has to be for certain reasons.  We need a right fielder and he is hitting decent but getting on base very well

In Norfolk In Norfolk. That's why Joey is back. 

39 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

He's hitting better and he's got a lot of power and skills..and certainly couldnt be any worse than Santander...

Hays last year: .555 OPS

Santander this year: .547 OPS

Not a lot to choose from there.    If Hays gets red hot at some point we can consider a call-up.    Not until.    

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

He's hitting better and he's got a lot of power and skills..and certainly couldnt be any worse than Santander...

Just this past week he had a stretch of 7 k’s in 8 AB’s. He’s not hitting much better.

1 minute ago, bpilktree67 said:

Caleb Joseph could be the next move if it us up to me. He isn’t hitting and Sisco has even been better then him defensively.  

That isn't going to happen.  Buck hasn't even installed Sisco as the strong side of the platoon yet.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Because he’s not hitting well at Bowie, didn’t hit well in Baltimore last year and didn’t hit well in spring training.  

I think he needs to take a good look at himself. ;)

2 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Caleb Joseph could be the next move if it us up to me. He isn’t hitting and Sisco has even been better then him defensively.  

As Tony stated, he is hitting better. 

Archived