When do you think Manny will be traded?

El Gordo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

In answer to the OP, I will probably be sitting in my chair. 

Just like to point out what should be obvious to the semi literate. The original title to this thread was when do you think Manny will be traded.?However my key board is out and I had to rely on my android. But thanks for snarking.

4 hours ago, Natty said:

Attendance has been pitiful. Trading our only all star caliber player will make attendance even worse. And our team will be worse. I'm betting ownership does not trade Manny...

It would be incredibly stupid and shortsighted if that is ownership's thinking.  Trading Manny is a no-brainer, assuming you get an offer better than  the value of a compensation pick.

1 hour ago, weams said:

Or Cubs, Dodgers, Mets, Mariners, Brewers. A lot of suitors once again. Adam and Britton and Branch and O'Day are being talked about as well. 

What about Cardinals?  We seem to match up well, especially with Carpenter's struggles and  Dejong's injury.

7 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

What about Cardinals?  We seem to match up well, especially with Carpenter's struggles and  Dejong's injury.

I don't think they have a shortstop. But we match well with them on pitching.

IF we trade Manny, and of course we should, we should not care what position the players returning play.  As long as they are highly thought of, young and controllable.  And as many of those as possible is what is needed.  Sort out what you need to field a team later.

I mean, we fielded a team without enough starting pitching and 3 rule V guys this year.  Gimme talent lots of it.  If you need a SS or 3B, there will be a pretty damn good one available in FA. ;) 

46 minutes ago, foxfield said:

IF we trade Manny, and of course we should, we should not care what position the players returning play.  As long as they are highly thought of, young and controllable.  And as many of those as possible is what is needed.  Sort out what you need to field a team later.

I mean, we fielded a team without enough starting pitching and 3 rule V guys this year.  Gimme talent lots of it.  If you need a SS or 3B, there will be a pretty damn good one available in FA. ;) 

I agree with you. 

1 hour ago, elgordo said:

Just like to point out what should be obvious to the semi literate. The original title to this thread was when do you think Manny will be traded.?However my key board is out and I had to rely on my android. But thanks for snarking.

Sorry, just trying to be humorous.  No offense intended. 

Archived