There Comes A Time When You Really Have To Start Looking At Our Coaches.

ORIOLE33

41 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I think that's likely, but if it were my team I would try something new,. If one guy pays attention to  a new hitting coach and improves, it's worthwhile. 

If nothing else, I'd want to tell the fans I've noticed that the team isn't playing too well, and hasn't for about three months (since September). It's a disgrace to send the fans a message that is ambiguous between "We think everything's just fine" and "We're still considering whether we want to make any changes." Not surprising, but disgraceful.

I  wish Peter would retire and turn the team over to his sons. They may want to try something different. With DD and possibly Buck leaving after the season. Things may change. 

21 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Markakis hitting over 340. Flaherty, FLAHERTY, hitting almost 280? We’re in late May so it’s not just a good start anymore. Jake Arietta? Guys leave Baltimore and they become great. I don’t care anybody says, this is not a good look for the Orioles. 

On top of that, we’re on the verge of losing our best player in free agency, but we kept Davis and Trumbo. After we let Cruz walk. 

I’m thrilled Markakis is having a great year, but before that he had three straight years that were carbon copies of what he’d done in his last few Baltimore seasons.   And Coolbaugh wasn’t even with the Orioles while Markakis was here.   

Flaherty is hitting .279 overall, but .174 over the last four weeks.   I wouldn’t read much into the fact that he had a hot start.

Arrieta is two pitching coaches removed from the current coach.   

So yes, I think we can look at the coaches, but these are not good examples.    

21 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

I  wish Peter would retire and turn the team over to his sons. They may want to try something different. With DD and possibly Buck leaving after the season. Things may change. 

There have been numerous reports that this has already occurred.

Archived