Watch Raffy hit a homer at 53

Rene88

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda want to see it just to give us something quirky to watch. With the season down the drain, I'm all for flipping Machado, Brach, Jones, Britton and any others we can flip (Trumbo if he swings well and we eat a large chunk of the contract).

Once that's done, why not give Raffy a few ABs? We did the whole Raines and Raines Jr. stunt. We're not above that. I'd rather watch a sideshow than no show at all.

Just now, jamalshw said:

I kinda want to see it just to give us something quirky to watch. With the season down the drain, I'm all for flipping Machado, Brach, Jones, Britton and any others we can flip (Trumbo if he swings well and we eat a large chunk of the contract).

Once that's done, why not give Raffy a few ABs? We did the whole Raines and Raines Jr. stunt. We're not above that. I'd rather watch a sideshow than no show at all.

Good.......good...............everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.  :)

This will become a movement!

1 hour ago, Aglets said:

There's surely something to be said for giving the fans something to look forward to seeing (selling tickets.......increasing entertainment value), if you're gonna just lose a bunch of games regardless.  

2018 - Bring on the Circus?

I love Raffy's swing.  Was devastated when he tested positive when I was about 15.  I doubt the numbers would be pretty, but for my own personal interest, I'd sign him, send him to extended ST, and see what he could do.  Why not at this point?

17 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

I'd rather watch Stewart, Hays, Mullins and Mountcastle.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Amen. I don't want to see any more of a freak show than what we are currently experiencing. Some prospects are beginning to knock on the door. Right now it's just a little more than tapping. By the AS break it may be serious banging. No need to keep Mullins, Stewart, and even Mountcastle in the minors if they are playing well. Hopefully Hays starts making some serious noise too. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Whatever.  Bunch of free swinging guys.  At least with Raffy there's some history here, the Orioles can be a national embarrassment instead of a local one.  

Bring on Raffy!  Hays and his .633 OPS can stay right in Bowie where they belong.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Whatever.  Bunch of free swinging guys.  At least with Raffy there's some history here, the Orioles can be a national embarrassment instead of a local one.  

Bring on Raffy!  Hays and his .633 OPS can stay right in Bowie where they belong.

Hell yeah, lol. Agree with this.

You can miss me with any talk of Hays sniffing a ML roster this year. Hard pass on that kid right now.

Give me Raffy, that would at least be funny to watch for a minute. 

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Stewart is a free swinging guy?

I will say that bringing Raffy back with reset his HOF clock and annoy the anti-PED crowd and I would find both of those outcomes amusing.

But he can do that with only one game.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Stewart is a free swinging guy?

I will say that bringing Raffy back with reset his HOF clock and annoy the anti-PED crowd and I would find both of those outcomes amusing.

But he can do that with only one game.

You're right, he's not a free swinging guy.  But he's 24 and just made it to AAA.  I ain't impressed.

Put it this way, if DJ Stewart was part of a Manny Machado return package from another team, would you be super excited about getting him?  

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Why do we have to choose between having cake and eating it?

Hays hasn't earned his promotion.......you can argue the other 3 either have or will extremely soon.

Move Trumbo and Jones,  bench Davis or work him out in the bullpen.   He's played some 3B historically too I suppose.  

LF - Stewart

CF - Mullins

RF - Mancini

1B - Mountcastle

DH - Raffy!

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

You're right, he's not a free swinging guy.  But he's 24 and just made it to AAA.  I ain't impressed.

Put it this way, if DJ Stewart was part of a Manny Machado return package from another team, would you be super excited about getting him?  

When do you ever see me super excited?

I think the circus factor of Davis' season is every bit as freak show worthy as Raffy making a comeback.

1 minute ago, Aglets said:

Why do we have to choose between having cake and eating it?

Hays hasn't earned his promotion.......you can argue the other 3 either have or will extremely soon.

Move Trumbo and Jones,  bench Davis or work him out in the bullpen.   He's played some 3B historically too I suppose.  

LF - Stewart

CF - Mullins

RF - Mancini

1B - Mountcastle

DH - Raffy!

I don't really care if they have earned it or not at this rate.  ?

But sure, hold Hays back until the rosters expand if you want.

We have no idea if Mountcastle can play first, we might be better off with Raffy there.

Archived