To Which Team Do You Prefer We Trade Machado?

Greg Pappas

To Which Team Do You Prefer We Trade Machado?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. To Which Team Do You Prefer We Trade Machado?

My continuing concern is the complete lack of urgency.    "Oh, let's continue to just wait till the trade deadline as a brilliant strategery to increase the bidding to its maximum."    Sure, with the geniuses running this organization...what could possibly go wrong?

Say, Manny has a Zach type injury sometime in the next month or so....fixable before next season, but no more playing this season.   Well, then how good is our brilliant, wait, wait, wait, let the market develop, let's see what we have got, let's see where the team is, let's figure out what is playing on Netflix and watch a few series first  strategy?  

Or if not that...just suppose... rather than the firecracker hot start he has played out, that he say...goes into a month long slump just before the trading deadline?   How did our strategy work out in that scenario?  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

My continuing concern is the complete lack of urgency.    "Oh, let's continue to just wait till the trade deadline as a brilliant strategery to increase the bidding to its maximum."    Sure, with the geniuses running this organization...what could possibly go wrong?

Say, Manny has a Zach type injury sometime in the next month or so....fixable before next season, but no more playing this season.   Well, then how good is our brilliant, wait, wait, wait, let the market develop, let's see what we have got, let's see where the team is, let's figure out what is playing on Netflix and watch a few series first  strategy?  

Or if not that...just suppose... rather than the firecracker hot start he has played out, that he say...goes into a month long slump just before the trading deadline?   How did our strategy work out in that scenario?  

Another scenario would be to trade him to a possible contender for minimum return and as that team fades they flip him for a maximum return and gives the OH plenty to discuss the remainder of the season.

1 minute ago, thezeroes said:

Another scenario would be to trade him to a possible contender for minimum return and as that team fades they flip him for a maximum return and gives the OH plenty to discuss the remainder of the season.

I guess this all hinges on whether one truly believes that there will be some miraculous quantum leap in return value for Manny between right now today and the trade deadline.  Or maybe you believe that Duquette and Angelos/Brady hydra are just so much more inept than any team GM that we sent Manny to, that their return on flipping him would certainly make us look foolish (now this is plausible).  But I don't believe the scenario you describe is very likely.   I am not saying that it couldn't fall exactly into place where some team gets a bit more than we would get right now even with them having to flip him with a month less of playing time than  being sold right now....however, I really doubt it.

I just think organizational paralysis is the general operating strategy in most every situation and it is in this one too. 

3 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Or maybe you believe that Duquette and Angelos/Brady hydra are just so much more inept than any team GM that we sent Manny to, that their return on flipping him would certainly make us look foolish (now this is plausible).

This is my idea of how it would happen and why.

9 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

This is my idea of how it would happen and why.

So, instead, we will follow the Buck strategy of using Britton in the playoff game as applied to the Manny trading decision.  Wait, wait, wait..not yet, not yet...nope, not even now....oops, too late....Sounds about right.  

#1-15 NL teams
# 16-25 AL West and AL Central teams
#26 Tampa
#27 Toronto
#28 Boston
#29 mfy

For my preferred return, Cleveland is my pick. I want a shortstop and Cleveland has Willi Castro and Yu Chang. Castro should be ready by 2020.

Another team we never mention that is looking like they'll be in the playoff hunt is the Rockies. Colorado has Brendan Rodgers and Ryan Vilade. Vilade might be ready for 2020.

Maybe the Twins, who drafted Royce Lewis 1/1 in 2017, would trade Nick Gordon. Gordon might be ready now.

Or the Nats with Trea Turner might be willing to move Carter Kieboom. Another 2020 arrival?

Wishful thinking on my part? Sure. But that is what this exercise is about, right?

10 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

I had originally titled this "Manny Happy Returns", but thought better of it. ?

Regarding the Manny Machado trade rumors: Which team would you most prefer trades with us for Manny? Assume it's a reasonable return for players/prospects you'd like to see in an Orioles uniform. Naturally, there may be more than one team, but this is about the team you MOST want to deal with. Not easy, I know, but let's see where this goes.

Note: I went with Atlanta, hoping we get one of their awesome young minor league starters and 3B Austin Riley. Not expecting it, but one can hope.

I had no room to add the Mariners, Red Sox, or Nationals. Select other for those or any other team.

I said the Cards.....D Hudson, Helsey, Schrock, and Gomber.

i also like. Dodgers Deal......White, May, Lux, and Santana.

We need a bidding war and a couple of desperate teams.

42 minutes ago, nevadaO said:

St. Louis for me. 

Also the Indians bullpen is horrid; we should see what we could get for Givens/Brach/etc.

Yeah the Indians need major help in pen now Miller out again though he struggled this season with pitching and injuries.

Just now, birdwatcher55 said:

We're not the Yankees. That strategy is not going to work here. You trade Manny in the midst of a Triple Crown season, you run the serious risk of losing him for good.

They did that when they didn't extend him after his injuries.

I'd be heartbroken if the odds of bringing him back dropped from 4% to 3.2%.

Just now, birdwatcher55 said:

You deal Manny to the NL he has NO shot at a Triple Crown. He'll remember that when we call his agent in November.

Like I said, 4% to 3.2%.

And he doesn't have a realistic shot at the Triple Crown anyway, have you seen the season Trout is having?

Archived