1B - Mancini

SS - Machado

2B - Schoop

RF - Jones

DH - Trumbo / Davis platoon

C - Cisco - he needs to be playing 5-6 games a week

3B - Dosch

CF - Mullins

If you are not in the future plans or being showcased for the trade deadline you need to go.  No more Genry, Susac, Alvarez, Valencia, etc.  Call up Hayes if he starts to hit and add him to the outfield mix.

Move Jones to RF because that is where any contender would play him.  Call up Wynns to be the backup.  He is young and your future backup catcher.  Hess is the 5th starter for at least 10 starts.

Time to start acting like we are rebuilding.  I just have no faith that there is anyone in the organization to mandate this happening.

I agree with this, but I think you could make the argument that Valencia could have some value to a team as a platoon bat and match up guy against a LHP off the bench. Does that have good value? No, but it could net a fringe prospect.

I completely buy into the Davis to the bench, Mancini to first, Jones to RF and the plan of getting Stewart and Mullins up now.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, DRJacobs said:

Have you seen him play much? Is it possible he might actually need more time? Not all prospects are the same. Some need more seasoning (Stewart comes to mind). Others? Manny, Mountcastle, Macini: probably can handle that jump. His glove could have played 3 years ago.

You did see where I said "I'd rather they just wait"?  I wasn't advocating promoting him from AA to Baltimore today.  I view AAA as more of a place to store AAAA talent for the ML team than a necessary step in the maturation of young ball players. 

As for Stewart needing more seasoning compared to other players, well I disagree.  Stewart needed to imprint his new swing into muscle memory.  If I were to make that point I would have chosen Sisco, since he still had work that needed to be done on defense.  I also disagree that Mountcastle could make the jump partially because of defense, partially due to his approach needing refinement.

8 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I don't think he will be in Norfolk long.

Get him used to better pitching, a bigger outfield, and tracking balls off the bat with a second deck and lights.

I agree with this. Corn basically is saying AAA is a bunch of retreads but those retreads have been in the game and that level of competition can be helpful for de elopement too. Justcmy two cents. 

2 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

I agree with this. Corn basically is saying AAA is a bunch of retreads but those retreads have been in the game and that level of competition can be helpful for de elopement too. Justcmy two cents. 

I will admit that there may be something to the second decks and lights, at least for outfielders.

I'm in favor of not uprooting these young men and moving them all about unnecessarily.  New town, new teammates, new living arrangements.  I think there is a lot of stress associated with getting promoted that folks don't think about.  Now a lot of times the benefits outweigh the costs, I'm not at all sure AA to AAA does.

Just my nickel.  ? 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I will admit that there may be something to the second decks and lights, at least for outfielders.

I'm in favor of not uprooting these young men and moving them all about unnecessarily.  New town, new teammates, new living arrangements.  I think there is a lot of stress associated with getting promoted that folks don't think about.  Now a lot of times the benefits outweigh the costs, I'm not at all sure AA to AAA does.

Just my nickel.  ? 

Just to throw in my dime...

I agree with you about the stress stuff, especially since Norfolk is the furthest away from anything.

Archived