Machado Trade Expectations

Greg Pappas

Machado Trade Expectations  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding the return we receive, what are your expectations of whatever Machado trade takes place?

• The return will be outstanding.
    • The return will be solid.
    • The return will be merely decent.
    • The return will be poor.
    • The return will be just terrible.
    • I expect we will not trade him at all, getting only a compensation pick in next year's draft.

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Love Diaz, Kremer and Bannon all in their top 25. Not sure about the lottery tickets which I assume are pop and Valera. I like the deal. I assume we got Kremer to replace D Santana. Bannon looks like a nice prospect 

A  for the deal regardless of the last two guys ... glad to see me Robinson and Rios. Would’ve liked D Jackson but can’t win em all!

1 hour ago, GoldGlove21 said:

Diaz is clearly the centerpiece

Enroll Robinson is hitting .256

Rylan Bannon has struck out 30% of his at bats at High A even though he clearly has pop with 20 bombs

Yadier Alvarez has a stud arm (70?), but his control hurts him.

Manny Banuelos used to be almost an untouchable prospect for the Yankees, but he is 27

I wish this deal would have been Diaz, May, Alvarez, but this deal is better than Burnes/Phillips/+ IMO. I don't love the deal, but I will if Alvarez returns to form, Diaz is who people think he is and one of the other three guys contributes at all to the ML team.

Ken RosenthalVerified account @Ken_Rosenthal 1h1 hour ago

Diaz was #DodgersLADodgers2018.png’ No. 4 prospect, according to @MLBPipeline. Bannon, a third baseman, was No. 27. Kremer, a right-handed pitcher, was No. 28. Pop is a right-hander in High A. Valera is a 26-year-old 2B who has seen time in majors this season.

So I was out of pocket for a little while ..... What is the deal? Did Rosenthal have it wrong?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Remember too, that’s the PCL he’s pitching in.     3.14 ERA there is like low 2’s in the International League.

Hmm. The only people believing that Banuelos is heading to Baltimore are in this thread. None of the national guys have him listed. Just 5 other guys.

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

Hmm. The only people believing that Banuelos is heading to Baltimore are in this thread. None of the national guys have him listed. Just 5 other guys.

Thanks.   I got confused reading this and assumed he was in the package.    

20 minutes ago, connja said:

Jim Callis just called the return "underwhelming" on mlb tonight. on MLB TV.

Well, he's entitled to his opinion, but there literally is upside to every guy acquired and three of them Diaz, Kremer and Pop have chances have good chances of filling significant roles one day (leadoff man, starter, closer).

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Thanks.   I got confused reading this and assumed he was in the package.    

So is the package as Rosenthal is reporting?

Ken RosenthalVerified account @Ken_Rosenthal 2h2 hours ago

Diaz was #DodgersLADodgers2018.png’ No. 4 prospect, according to @MLBPipeline. Bannon, a third baseman, was No. 27. Kremer, a right-handed pitcher, was No. 28. Pop is a right-hander in High A. Valera is a 26-year-old 2B who has seen time in majors this season.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Well, he's entitled to his opinion, but there literally is upside to every guy acquired and three of them Diaz, Kremer and Pop have chances have good chances of filling significant roles one day (leadoff man, starter, closer).

Gotta be honest ....I was disappointed as I heard May and Lux were not in the deal. But I really Like Diaz, Bannon, and Kremer's season 3.30 i 16 starts at A+ 114 K's in 80 innings! Compared to May 3.09 ERA in 78 innings with 83Ks. I'm sure May's stuff is rated better but the results are comparable.

This is most definitely not letting him walk for the pick.  And while we did not fleece the Dodgers....

I think on paper it's a sold A

Not as rosy as some of the people here (myself included) hoped or thought.  But definitely not a couple of b and c prospects either.

Good job.  Now move someone else.

Pronto!!!

2 hours ago, jabba72 said:

Bannon's got 15 Errors in 54 games at 3B this year...not so hot. 2 errors in 20 starts at 2B. I dont know..it would be nice if an infielder could stay in the infield for us.

Bannon is supposedly a top level defender from scouting reports I have read.

The biggest think I take with this deal except the utility guy the rest are lower level prospects.  This tell me that in fact we are doing a complete rebuild and these guys are going to hopefully fill some of the holes we have with the talent we have in A. ball right now.  No let’s add some more high upside guys in the lower minors.

It is disappointing that we didn't get May but the Orioles scouts have been scouting the Dodgers system for several weeks.  I think they know a little bit more than me.  Now that Machado is gone I feel a little sad.  

Outside of Diaz, my initial reaction was one of overall disappointment, but the more I read, the better I feel about it. Still not pleased, but okay with it.  My feeling is that we settled for solid quantity, rather then better quality.   However, as always, time will tell whether it was a favorable trade for us.  I'll allow these prospects time to rise through our system to contribute to our big league team, hoping our scouts did a good job in identifying their potential.   Now, onto Britton, etc...

Edit: A quick addition... I like Kremer, Bannon and Pop, along with Diaz (naturally), so really, had Valera been another prospect like Banuelos or Alvarez, I'd have been pleased. Ah well... onto more trades and hopefully a transition to new ownership/front office upgrades. Go O's.

3 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

Outside of Diaz, my initial reaction was one of overall disappointment.  There's nothing about Kremer, Bannon or Pop that makes me think we shouldn't have targeted them, but my feeling is that we settled for solid quantity, rather then better quality.  However, as always, time will tell whether it was a favorable trade for us.  I'll allow these prospects time to rise through our system to contribute to our big league team, hoping our scouts did a good job in identifying their potential and having me admit I was wrong about this trade.   Now, onto Britton, etc...

I was really worried from the start of the season that the Orioles wouldn't get a single player of Diaz's caliber.  And eventually let him go for a draft pick.  The other four players are all gravy... and three of them are legit prospects in our system.

Archived