Machado Trade Expectations

Greg Pappas

Machado Trade Expectations  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding the return we receive, what are your expectations of whatever Machado trade takes place?

• The return will be outstanding.
    • The return will be solid.
    • The return will be merely decent.
    • The return will be poor.
    • The return will be just terrible.
    • I expect we will not trade him at all, getting only a compensation pick in next year's draft.

6 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

I was really worried from the start of the season that the Orioles wouldn't get a single player of Diaz's caliber.  And eventually let him go for a draft pick.  The other four players are all gravy... and three of them are legit prospects in our system.

Yeah, it was a decent return... not what I hoped for, but okay. 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, atomic said:

It is disappointing that we didn't get May but the Orioles scouts have been scouting the Dodgers system for several weeks.  I think they know a little bit more than me.  Now that Machado is gone I feel a little sad.  

I wouldn't say I feel sad, I don't normally feel negative emotions about sports, but I do feel slightly desponded. I've wanted this trade to happen for a while and now that it's happened I realized the Orioles just traded the best Oriole I ever saw (I'm too young for Cal's prime). Worse, I believe it was totally preventable with some foresight and a bit of risk resigning him pre-arb despite the knee injuries. 

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Gotta be honest ....I was disappointed as I heard May and Lux were not in the deal. But I really Like Diaz, Bannon, and Kremer's season 3.30 i 16 starts at A+ 114 K's in 80 innings! Compared to May 3.09 ERA in 78 innings with 83Ks. I'm sure May's stuff is rated better but the results are comparable.

Kremer looks like a sneaky good get.  I hope his velocity stays in the low-mid 90s.

1 minute ago, Orioles1954 said:

Not overwhelmed. Not underwhelmed. Just whelmed. I already miss Machado. He handled this as well as could be expected and gets major points.

There's a very good chance he'll be in the World Series in October/November.  We'll have a chance to cheer for him then.

Confused...was Diaz scheduled to hit FA or something? Rotoworld was saying he was probably playing elsewhere.

Im disappointed in the return.

Wasnt Diaz kind of like a total out of left fiel guy until the futures game. I just don’t want the same old song of players only knowing the long ball at Camden yards.

5 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Kremer looks like a sneaky good get.  I hope his velocity stays in the low-mid 90s.

Kremer's best pitch is a fastball that sits at 91-95 mph, touches 97 and plays better than its velocity thanks to some armside run. He backs up his heater with a big-breaking curveball that he can land for strikes or get hitters to chase out of the zone. He has made improvements with his slider and changeup, which has helped fuel his success in 2018.

5 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Kremer's best pitch is a fastball that sits at 91-95 mph, touches 97 and plays better than its velocity thanks to some armside run. He backs up his heater with a big-breaking curveball that he can land for strikes or get hitters to chase out of the zone. He has made improvements with his slider and changeup, which has helped fuel his success in 2018.

Yes that is what I read.  If he develops his slider and changeup into plus pitches, that's a four-pitch SP right there, and can easily be a #3.

I'm still going to curb my enthusiasm and hope for a decent #4.

1 minute ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Yes that is what I read.  If he develops his slider and changeup into plus pitches, that's a four-pitch SP right there, and can easily be a #3.

I'm still going to curb my enthusiasm and hope for a decent #4.

The scouting report is from early this year and you'd assume he has made progress. I doubt that he is blowing everybody away with his fastball alone. With 114 KS in 79 innings at A+ and now 11 in 7 innings at AA

Also he's adjusted his twitter page already ;)

Dean Kremer

@DJ_KREY6

Israel baseball✡️?? Pro baseball player Baltimore Orioles Organization⚾️ SJDC | UNLV alum

· https://www.instagram.com/dj_krey6/?hl=en

1 hour ago, bpilktree67 said:

Bannon is supposedly a top level defender from scouting reports I have read.

Thats great news then. 

17 minutes ago, awannabegeek said:

I wouldn't say I feel sad, I don't normally feel negative emotions about sports, but I do feel slightly desponded. I've wanted this trade to happen for a while and now that it's happened I realized the Orioles just traded the best Oriole I ever saw (I'm too young for Cal's prime). Worse, I believe it was totally preventable with some foresight and a bit of risk resigning him pre-arb despite the knee injuries. 

Once he went 3 and then 4 years without an extension i knew it was inevitable he was leaving, so the losing has just made it much easier for me to see him go. Im not sad, because of how the past two seasons went,  Im pretty indifferent about it

16 minutes ago, FastEddie said:

Confused...was Diaz scheduled to hit FA or something? Rotoworld was saying he was probably playing elsewhere.

Wasnt Diaz kind of like a total out of left fiel guy until the futures game. I just don’t want the same old song of players only knowing the long ball at Camden yards.

I really wanted Lux but i like the return. I think Diaz, Kremer and Bannon all have a solid chance to develop. All their stats are pretty impressive. Theres no projection to what they might be able to do. They're all pretty much dominating right now. 

12 minutes ago, FastEddie said:

Diaz was an international free agent out of Cuba. The Dodgers paid him 14+ million to sign with them as a prospect.

Reaad Tony's article about the Propects

Here's a comparison of both Kermer and May ........ Kremer's season 3.30ERA  in 16 starts at A+ 114 K's in 80 innings! Compared to May at A+ 3.09 ERA in 78 innings with 83Ks. I'm sure May's stuff is rated better but the results are comparable.

Bannon a 3B propect which we really dont have ...22 years old at A+ .296 Avg/402 OBP/ 551 SLG/ .961 OPS ...20 HRs and 60 RBI. He's a nice prospect!

Pop is a near 100 MPH reliever ...48 innings 52 Ks .869 WHIP

81. RHP Zach Pop (6’4, 217 pounds, 21 years old)

Pop was the Dodgers’ 10th-round pick out of the University of Kentucky and signed for an under-slot $147,500 bonus. He’s armed with a 94-96 MPH fastball that can touch 98 MPH. He pairs it with a hard 85-88 MPH slider that isn’t as consistent as it needs to be. He could vault up this list with a strong 2018 season. He’s also a bit younger than your typical college draftee, giving him another leg up on his contemporaries

He's 48 innings 52 Ks .869 WHIP .....Era is 1.04 in 43 innings ....Probably close to our top 25

And Valeria who is a currently viewed as a glove first utility infielder as the 5th guy .... at 24 & 24 he hit over .300 at AAA with an ops over .800 in 1250 ABs ....So the guy must be able to hit

To recap 1/2 season of Machado for the Dodgers #4, #27, #28, and #50 with 26 year old lottery ticket that might eventually hit at the majors. How could you not be happy?

Archived