Machado Trade Expectations

Greg Pappas

Machado Trade Expectations  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding the return we receive, what are your expectations of whatever Machado trade takes place?

• The return will be outstanding.
    • The return will be solid.
    • The return will be merely decent.
    • The return will be poor.
    • The return will be just terrible.
    • I expect we will not trade him at all, getting only a compensation pick in next year's draft.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 25 Nuggets said:

For 2 1/2 months, I hereby deem the return "solid".  So let it be written, so let it be done.

It remains to be seen...if Manny hits .150 and boots a key ball in a playoff loss and Diaz wins a batting title...then the trade will be “outstanding” . If Manny wins the World Series MVP this year and Diaz turns into Felix Pie and none of the others sniff the bigs, then it will be judged “ lousy”

I think the most accurate assessment is “just about as expected” in terms of the return. 

It does make me wonder what the offers last winter might have looked like..although they very well could have been worse and the Dodgers certainly would not even have bid given Seager and Turner as solids at the time.

All in all, it is as good as could be expected. 

13 minutes ago, Hallas said:

Wait, what?  His mean projection on fangraphs is like 2.3 or 2.4 wins ROS.  He’s already put up 3.8 so if he maintains that ROS he will be around 3.  1.5 is super pessimistic.

As long as just one of those wins is a World Series win, then that is all that matters. 

1 hour ago, MachoMachadoMan said:

Anybody else excited about Manny Banuelos?

Post-hype Player to Watch

When I say excited, I mean obviously I'd rather have May. But as a 5th guy and throw in, I think this could good. 

Remember too, that’s the PCL he’s pitching in.     3.14 ERA there is like low 2’s in the International League.

Archived