Who here has had enough?

gtman55

I try not to be a fair weather fan but this disaster of a year has been unnerving to say the least. It also has put into focus how poor this teams decision making is at the highest levels. When we were winning it was easy to ignore this organization shortcomings.

Sadly, I have no confidence that this team is capable of putting together a successful rebuild.

Where are you right now as a Orioles fan? Are you feeling as though 2018 is just one of those things and we'll bounce back? Or is this the beginning of a very long dry spell?

Your thoughts 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they do it right and blow it up/draft well then the situation is no worse than any other normal rebuild. If, however, they don't trade Machado, take on more stupid contracts, etc. then we could be seeing another long losing streak like in the '00s. 

2 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

I try not to be a fair weather fan but this disaster of a year has been unnerving to say the least. It also has put into focus how poor this teams decision making is at the highest levels. When we were winning it was easy to ignore this organization shortcomings.

Sadly, I have no confidence that this team is capable of putting together a successful rebuild.

Where are you right now as a Orioles fan? Are you feeling as though 2018 is just one of those things and we'll bounce back? Or is this the beginning of a very long dry spell?

Your thoughts 

May be a dry spell. Win or lose I'm still an O's fan. 

The more the losses mount up, the more apparent the need to change.  Change is a difficult thing, but the output this season should shed light on what needs to be done for the long-term success of the franchise.  In that light, I have not had enough.

1 minute ago, orioles119 said:

The more the losses mount up, the more apparent the need to change.  Change is a difficult thing, but the output this season should shed light on what needs to be done for the long-term success of the franchise.  In that light, I have not had enough.

rAxIyAa.gif

We are in that same band.

I'e watched maybe 3 innings the past month. I don't consider myself a fairweather fan. I just don't enjoy watching a bad team full of veterans. I would be watching if the team was 17-41 with Hays, Stewart and Mullins in the OF. Mancini at 1B or DH. 

I will never not root for the O's but I am done watching games until they call up any of the younger guys and basically have no hope for the future until Davis expires. I see how that Yankees have a pipeline of talent to go with their stars. I am resigned to a transitional period but have some hope that it won't be 14 years.

3 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I'e watched maybe 3 innings the past month. I don't consider myself a fairweather fan. I just don't enjoy watching a bad team full of veterans. I would be watching if the team was 17-41 with Hays, Stewart and Mullins in the OF. Mancini at 1B or DH. 

This is where I'm at.

I am sorry but the inaction by this team is infuriating.  This team is on pace to lose 115 games this season.   To put this in perspective the Astros were trying to lose at one point.  They had 22 million dollar payroll in 2013 and lost only 111 games.  Just about anything they do will improve the team for today and tomorrow.  I don't get it.  Release someone, trade someone , fire someone.   Have some fights in the dugout.   But do something already.  

I have been watching Capitals game. I turn the game on once in a while to see Davis Strike out or them to make a base running blunder, a defensive lapse. Or see Manny not running out a fly ball.   And then go about my business.   After the Stanley Cup ends the World Cup begins.  World cup ends July 15th.  Maybe I will check back into the games then if something happens.  

If no changes are made no reason for me to watch a bunch of guys who don't care about winning and a manager and GM who don't care about winning. 

Archived