Corban Joseph

Going Underground

Dan Connolly reporting that Corban was summoned to Baltimore but not sure if he will be activated today.

Bowie infielder Corban Joseph has been summoned to Baltimore, accdg to a source. Not sure if he’ll be activated today. He slashed .336/.394/.550 in 248 plate appearances for Baysox. He has played 2B, 1B, 3B and DH in 2018. The 29yo lefty hitter is younger brother of Caleb Joseph

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

This would be 3-3 for me on "The Case For" subjects to make it to Baltimore that same season!

Johnny Giavotella (2017), Austin Wynns (2018) and now hopefully Corban Joseph (2018.)

Guess I'll look into a few more players soon...

But you might try to get players that might help win a few games.?  Also maybe he  is here just in case . Maybe someone has a slight injury that has gotten worse. 

17 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

But you might try to get players that might help win a few games.?  Also maybe he  is here just in case . Maybe someone has a slight injury that has gotten worse. 

Hey, the Mullins and Hays of the farm already get enough posts daily. 

Besides, they won the first 2 games of Wynns debut. I forgot what they did with Giavotella, but there were a few victories there too. So... ?

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Dan Connolly reporting that Corban was summoned to Baltimore but not sure if he will be activated today.

Bowie infielder Corban Joseph has been summoned to Baltimore, accdg to a source. Not sure if he’ll be activated today. He slashed .336/.394/.550 in 248 plate appearances for Baysox. He has played 2B, 1B, 3B and DH in 2018. The 29yo lefty hitter is younger brother of Caleb Joseph

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

This would be 3-3 for me on "The Case For" subjects to make it to Baltimore that same season!

Johnny Giavotella (2017), Austin Wynns (2018) and now hopefully Corban Joseph (2018.)

Guess I'll look into a few more players soon...

Look into Drew Dosch. Yeah. 

The most interesting thing about Corban Joseph is not his crazy batting line, .944 OPS, 161wRC+, etc.

It's his lowest strikeout rate of all qualified AA players.  7.3%, with a minuscule 4.8% swinging strike rate, and still a .214 ISO.

That's a rare combination, add in his ability to at least fake it at 2B/3B and you have someone who is likely better than replacement level.

Much is an illusion created by being one of the oldest players in the Eastern League, but I think there is a decent chance he adds some value as a bench player.

Archived