Happy Father's Day

weams

11 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Roy, if my father was 1/10 of the father that your dad was to you, I would have something nice to say about him.

Unfortunately, I don't.

o

I am sorry that is the case. If he is gone I am sorry for that too. If he is still around. I hope you called him yesterday. I chatted with mine and I felt better.  I am sure there is a pile of rubble. 

Move a little stone and then another. Godspeed my friend. 

16 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Roy, if my father was 1/10 of the father that your dad was to you, I would have something nice to say about him.

Unfortunately, I don't.

o

5 hours ago, foxfield said:

I am sorry that is the case. If he is gone I am sorry for that too. If he is still around. I hope you called him yesterday. I chatted with mine and I felt better.  I am sure there is a pile of rubble. 

Move a little stone and then another. Godspeed my friend. 

o

My father abandoned our family when I was 7 years-old.

My mother was left to raise us by herself.

She died suddenly and unexpectedly in 1984.

My brother Mark managed to track him down in late 1992, after we had not seen or heard from him for 20 years. I called him and said that it was "Patrick." He said, "Patrick who?" When I told him who I was, he asked how my mother was doing (he didn't know that she had died 8 years earlier.) After talking to him several times, he asserted that his lawyer ADVISED HIM to abandon us, and that my mother "didn't do us any favors by sticking around" because of some of the mistakes that she made while single-handedly raising us. 

After he abandoned us, he had 2 kids with a second wife (whom he chose not to abandon), divorced her, got married a 3rd time, divorced her, and married a 4th time. He also (after abandoning us) acquired his Master's Degree, his PhD, and became a tenured professor at Temple University ........ so a lot of people in his life think that he is a swell guy, unaware of his criminal past of abandoning his family.

No, I did not call him yesterday. Thank you for the supportive thoughts, though.

o

32 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

My father abandoned our family when I was 7 years-old.

My mother was left to raise us by herself.

She died suddenly and unexpectedly in 1984.

My brother Mark managed to track him down in late 1992, after we had not seen or heard from him for 20 years. I called him and said that it was "Patrick." He said, "Patrick who?" When I told him who I was, he asked how my mother was doing (he didn't know that she had died 8 years earlier.) After talking to him several times, he asserted that his lawyer ADVISED HIM to abandon us, and that my mother "didn't do us any favors by sticking around" because of some of the mistakes that she made while single-handedly raising us. 

After he abandoned us, he had 2 kids with a second wife (whom he chose not to abandon), divorced her, got married a 3rd time, divorced her, and married a 4th time. He also (after abandoning us) acquired his Master's Degree, his PhD, and became a tenured professor at Temple University ........ so a lot of people in his life think that he is a swell guy, unaware of his criminal past of abandoning his family.

No, I did not call him yesterday. Thank you for the supportive thoughts, though.

o

Sorry to hear this. You seem to have a very positive personality even despite this.  I

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

Sorry to hear this. You seem to have a very positive personality, even despite this.  

o

Thank you, Atomic.

While I have had some bad breaks in life, I have also had some good ones.

And while I am saddened by some of the tragedies that I have endured, I am also grateful to the people, groups, and associations that have helped me in my many times of need.

o

Archived