A lot of player movement coming

wildcard

43 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Why do you keep raising the knee? As we discussed, Mancini hit well for more than three weeks after banging his knee.    Have you seen or heard of any evidence that his knee is still bothering him?

I didn't bring it up.  I responded to eddie's post.    He questioned about the knee.  But quiet frankly when I watch Mancini run he looks like he is not fully healthy.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wildcard said:

I didn't bring it up.  I responded to eddie's post.    He questioned about the knee.  But quiet frankly when I watch Mancini run he looks like he is not full healthy.

Mancini has always looked like a baby elephant with 4 broken legs when running...

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Mullins seems close too.  I would bring them up and release Rasmus.  I don't think there is any difference in service time if you bring them up now or you bring them up in a month.  

Mullins is hitting .225/.295/.394 in Norfolk since being promoted 3 weeks ago.    I don’t consider that “close.”

I think the Sisco situation illustrates why service time matters.    He was up for all of September, but now that he’s in the minors, we could gain an entire extra year of service if he doesn’t return until August 12 or so.    Whereas, if we’d brought him up in June/July last year, that wouldn’t be the case.    (I am not necessarily advocating keeping Sisco in the minors until then, just explaining that the timing of call-ups do have consequences sometimes.)

Archived