Manny would extend with Cubs

Dark Helmet

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manny should be a lifetime Oriole.    But if he doesnt want to be here oh well.   He's said in the past this is where he wanted to be but doesnt seem like it now.   Its such a shame this organization didnt lock him up a couple years ago.   If they were gambling looks like they lost big time.  

Just now, MagicBird said:

Manny should be a lifetime Oriole.    But if he doesnt want to be here oh well.   He's said in the past this is where he wanted to be but doesnt seem like it now.   Its such a shame this organization didnt lock him up a couple years ago.   If they were gambling looks like they lost big time.  

Because it would work out well for him to say something like "Well I'm stuck here for seven years and I'm going to make the best of it but first chance I get I'm going to blow this popsicle stand."

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Because it would work out well for him to say something like "Well I'm stuck here for seven years and I'm going to make the best of it but first chance I get I'm going to blow this popsicle stand."

When things were going well here why wouldnt he wanna stay?   

27 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Scott and Jeremy just said person close to Mannys camp said the Cubs are the only team Manny would consider extending with. Guess that also says where he's likely to sign either way.

Obviously Rick Dempsey. Again. 

4 minutes ago, MagicBird said:

When things were going well here why wouldnt he wanna stay?   

Players always say stuff like that. This is my home, these fans are great, I want to stay here, it's been my dream to play for my hometown team and things of that nature. They then promptly leave and go where the money is. It's all PC BS and when you engage in political correctness, you're almost certainly lying. The point is there's absolutely no way he would say anything other than what he said even if he intended to leave all along. Actions speak louder than words and words mean nothing especially in these matters.

What I read was that a “source” close to Manny said that he thinks Manny would consider extending with the Cubs.    I didn’t see anything where the person said that was the only team Manny would extend with.    And in any event, the source wasn’t  Manny.   

If I had to guess, I’d say the source was Manny’s cousin, Albert Almora, who plays CF for the Cubs.  

4 minutes ago, MagicBird said:

Id like to believe that but hard to think its reality.   I think PA can and would pay him to sign here but does Manny wanna be here?

I just mean that you can't say we gambled and lost. If he goes somewhere and ends up injury prone and not able to play more than half a season, it probably wouldn't be a loss.

39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What I read was that a “source” close to Manny said that he thinks Manny would consider extending with the Cubs.    I didn’t see anything where the person said that was the only team Manny would extend with.    And in any event, the source wasn’t  Manny.   

If I had to guess, I’d say the source was Manny’s cousin, Albert Almora, who plays CF for the Cubs.  

Well, Albert Almora would need to be in a deal for Manny and an extension.  How ironic would that be if one of the reasons Manny wanted to be a Cub ended up in Baltimore.

I didn't read anything on it. Just passing along what was said on the rafio.

Archived