You have to admit, we picked a pretty good year to be horrible

Frobby

2 hours ago, gtman55 said:

I don't honestly think it's ever a good year to be horrible. On the bright side, I've never looked forward as much to a Ravens season as this year.

Except their offense is worse than the Orioles. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Ravens finished ninth in points scored in 2017, I don't think the Orioles are going to finish top ten in runs scored.  

That doesn't tell the true story.  Watching the Ravens offense is like watching paint dry.   

34 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Ravens finished ninth in points scored in 2017, I don't think the Orioles are going to finish top ten in runs scored.  

27th in total yards.   Pretty awful.  

55 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Maybe Britton depending how he pitches down the stretch.  Adam Jones, also depends on his final numbers.  

I heard scouts at the Bowie game talking up Adam Jones. Marveling in his consistency and playing so well on such a bad team. 

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think the hope going into the season was that we could win 85-90 games and compete for the second wild card.    We’re not going to win 85, in fact, we probably won’t win 65.

But the other part of the equation is it’s looking like 85-90 wins wouldn’t come close to sniffing the second wild card.    Right now Seattle is in second wild card position, and they’re on pace for 102 wins.   Both BP and Fangraphs think they’ll cool off, but still win 90+.    This wasn’t a year when 85 wins would mean an exciting playoff race deep into September.   So, if there was a good year to be bad, this is it.   

Is it possible that combined efforts (or lack thereof) by the Orioles, Royals and White Sox are helping drive up the needed wins to secure the WC slots?  It's possible that these three teams will lose 100+ each.  That's a lot more wins to divvy up amongst the competitors..

2 minutes ago, jjnono said:

Is it possible that combined efforts (or lack thereof) by the Orioles, Royals and White Sox are helping drive up the needed wins to secure the WC slots?  It's possible that these three teams will lose 100+ each.  That's a lot more wins to divvy up amongst the competitors..

It’s a zero-sum game, so yes.     If the O’s were better they’d probably be better than 4-12 against Boston and New York.

2 hours ago, atomic said:

Except their offense is worse than the Orioles. 

You clearly haven't been following their offseason moves. Healthy Flacco, new receiver core, drafted two top notch tight ends, Yanda back, Kenneth Dixon back, young QB pushing Flacco, new qb coach. I got news for ya... I expect them to have a top 10 offense and top 5 defense this year. Watch out.

Sorry to get too off-topic but I'm a rabid Ravens fan.

10 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

Apparently next years draft has the elite #1 prospect that this one lacked. It’s a fine year to be the worst team in baseball. 

I don’t think anyone knows at this point who the no. 1 pick will be next year.    Too much can happen in a year that changes the picture.   

50 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

Apparently next years draft has the elite #1 prospect that this one lacked. It’s a fine year to be the worst team in baseball. 

Who do you have in mind as the #1 pick? 

Archived