Maryland sportswriter dies in tragic mass shooting

Going Underground

Puts perspective on a bad Orioles season. This reporter will never see another Oriole game whether they are good or bad. This is from Mark Zuckerman and also from Roch . 

Dg1biIKWAAUg_pg.jpg

From Roch :

John was in the Camden Yards press box just a few days ago. Such a nice guy. Such a tragic turn of events. Another shooting leaves me deeply saddened and intensely angry.

Capital Gazette shooting victim John McNamara: Sports reporting was his dream job.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/anne-arundel/bs-md-john-mcnamara-20180628-story.html

4 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Absolutely tragic and heartbreaking. I have two friends who work for the  Capital (one in the Sport's dept). Both were out of the office (thankfully) when the shooting happened.

My sister- in- laws nephew is interning with the Sun this summer in the Sports department. He goes to mostly the Sun building but sometimes goes down to the Gazette. Lucky he was not in Annapolis yesterday.Tragic and sad  

21 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

My sister- in- laws nephew is interning with the Sun this summer in the Sports department. He goes to mostly the Sun building but sometimes goes down to the Gazette. Lucky he was not in Annapolis yesterday.Tragic and sad  

Scary stuff and way too close to home. 

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Puts perspective on a bad Orioles season. This reporter will never see another Oriole game whether they are good or bad. This is from Mark Zuckerman and also from Roch . 

Dg1biIKWAAUg_pg.jpg

From Roch :

John was in the Camden Yards press box just a few days ago. Such a nice guy. Such a tragic turn of events. Another shooting leaves me deeply saddened and intensely angry.

Capital Gazette shooting victim John McNamara: Sports reporting was his dream job.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/anne-arundel/bs-md-john-mcnamara-20180628-story.html

It's so senseless and sad. 

John was a great guy.  I interned at the Capital before it moved in high school, and I kept a part-time job there for a year and a half after I graduated.  Besides my mentor, who moved on shortly after I left, I worked the most with John since he was the guy in charge Friday nights when we went to press.  I learned quite a bit from him, and saw him sporadically afterwards.  He will be missed by many. 

Archived