Szymborski: Getting the O’s and Royals to 120 losses

Frobby

Just now, allquixotic said:

I think there's a 70% chance that the O's don't trade Manny at all this year. If that happens, our chances to get to 120 losses are rather poor, especially if we keep Schoop, and both of them are healthy and productive.

Your kidding yourself....I'd say it's 99% Manny goes sometime next week.

2 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

I think there's a 70% chance that the O's don't trade Manny at all this year. If that happens, our chances to get to 120 losses are rather poor, especially if we keep Schoop, and both of them are healthy and productive.

If this does happen, and we end up being less putrid than KC, I give it a 95% chance we have a top 3 draft pick regardless

9 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Your kidding yourself....I'd say it's 99% Manny goes sometime next week.

I'd bet my house that Manny is traded before the deadline. Most likely after the All-star break or when team really start to get desperate. the fact that both Boston and the Yankees are involved are good things. We need a bidding war and neither of them want to see Manny with the other team.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I'd bet my house that Manny is traded before the deadline. Most likely after the All-star break or when team really start to get desperate. the fact that both Boston and the Yankees are involved are good things. We need a bidding war and neither of them want to see Manny with the other team.

I think there is a good chance that Manny gets traded but I wouldn't bet my house on it.  Teams are still not offering up their best prospects and Angelos is still alive.  If we wait until the last day something will go wrong. 

We aren't a charity and until some team steps up their offer Manny isn't going anywhere.  

48 minutes ago, atomic said:

I think there is a good chance that Manny gets traded but I wouldn't bet my house on it.  Teams are still not offering up their best prospects and Angelos is still alive.  If we wait until the last day something will go wrong. 

We aren't a charity and until some team steps up their offer Manny isn't going anywhere.  

Yep, I get all of that, but I think this year is different. Even Angelos can't think the Orioles have a shot this year and the attendance is already in the crapper. All reports indicate the Orioles are very focused on trading Manny and I think they are smart to allow the market to percolate a little until someone gets desperate. I will this this, the closer to the deadline the risk gets higher that the Orioles won't get the best return.

23 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Yep, I get all of that, but I think this year is different. Even Angelos can't think the Orioles have a shot this year and the attendance is already in the crapper. All reports indicate the Orioles are very focused on trading Manny and I think they are smart to allow the market to percolate a little until someone gets desperate. I will this this, the closer to the deadline the risk gets higher that the Orioles won't get the best return.

Another thing is that the Orioles haven't shown a great ability to have multiple irons in the fire at once. Whether that's because of DD or if it's the circuitous route of approvals needed to do a deal, I don't know, but the sooner Manny is moved, the sooner they can focus on getting whatever they can for other rental pieces and perhaps listen intently on controllable assets like Gausman or Givens.

Archived