Britton Trade Expectations

Greg Pappas

Britton Trade Expectations  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What trade return do you expect for Zach Britton?

• The return will be outstanding
    • The return will be solid
    • The return will be merely decent
    • The return will comparable to Colin Moran: low OBP, below average power, poor fielder with a limited future in MLB
    • The return will be worse than Colin Moran
    • The Orioles will not trade Britton and will not receive a compensation pick since there is no chance they will QO him.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/20/18 at 03:59

4 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Well you clearly seem reasonable in this discussion. You certainly didn't read any of the articles backing up the guys serious upside is the articles. The guy made adjustments in 2017 and looks like a long term above average 3b. He would've been a great get for Britton.

Articles are no substitute for actual performance. Moran was a throwaway that Houston was trying to get whatever they could for based on his inflated numbers. They knew he would never be an Astro.

But, nice personal insult you got in there. You are a prince.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Beef Supreme said:

Articles are no substitute for actual performance. Moran was a throw-way that Houston was trying to get whatever they could for based on his inflated numbers. They knew he would never be an Astro.

Because you aren't? You're just spewing random gibberish at a player with no ground.

He has a 104 ops+ in his first full season for Pittsburgh. He has made an adjustment in his swing back in 2017 (as the article dives into and provides statistics to back it up) to tap into more power that he always had but never could get to until 2017. 

If you want to ignore everything backing up what I'm saying in an article with actual proof go for it though.

"This guy was a throwaway, he isn't a major league player, they just wanted to dump him."

Say all this stuff and expect to not get called out at all about something that is a very out there opinion? That's not how forums work.

Just now, ISU94 said:

Because you aren't? You're just spewing random gibberish at a player with no ground.

He has a 104 ops+ in his first full season for Pittsburgh. He has made an adjustment in his swing back in 2017 (as the article dives into and provides statistics to back it up) to tap into more power that he always had but never could get to until 2017. 

If you want to ignore everything backing up what I'm saying in an article with actual proof go for it though.

I already cited -20 Rtot at 3B, which equates to -40 for a season. Minus-40 runs at Third Base!!! I said he has below average power: 16 HRs prorated for the season puts him well below the average of 23 for the average full-time major leaguer. If you claim is not "actual proof" and that I am being "unreasonable," then you are just slinging poop in an attempt to prove your side. All you've done is linked to two articles and cited OPS+ ! Your so-called proof fails the superior proof I supplied. You should expect to be called out every time you post if all you have a links to articles. Moran is one of the least valuable MLB thirdbasemen and can't expect to stay at that position if he continues to be the worst fielder in the league. Where do you play a horrible infielder with below average power and no range? A weak-hitting firstbaseman? Designated Hitter?

You can have him, Bud: he would have been a disappointing return for 2017 ZB and would not be in the discussion for 2018 Britton. But don't pretend like he is performing well as the Pirate's thirdbaseman when he is doing poorly.

Meanwhile, lay off the personal insults. They don't suit you well.

1 minute ago, Beef Supreme said:

I already cited -20 Rtot at 3B, which equates to -40 for a season. Minus-40 runs at Third Base!!! I said he has below average power: 16 HRs prorated for the season puts him well below the average of 23 for the average full-time major leaguer. If you claim is not "actual proof" and that I am being "unreasonable," then you are just slinging poop in an attempt to prove your side. All you've done is linked to two articles and cited OPS+ ! Your so-called proof fails the superior proof I supplied. You should expect to be called out every time you post if all you have a links to articles. Moran is one of the least valuable MLB thirdbasemen and can't expect to stay at that position if he continues to be the worst fielder in the league. Where do you play a horrible infielder with below average power and no range? A weak-hitting firstbaseman? Designated Hitter?

You can have him, Bud: he would have been a disappointing return for 2017 ZB and would not be in the discussion for 2018 Britton. But don't pretend like he is performing well as the Pirate's thirdbaseman when he is doing poorly.

Meanwhile, lay off the personal insults. They don't suit you well.

The guy is in his first pro baseball season. Are guys supposed to get up with zero hiccups, play to their maximum ability (especially power which is usually one of the last things to come), etc.?

He has hit very solid this year for PIT. Those article show a change in batting stance that links which has in turn showed an increase in power and higher fly ball rate. Stats show it transferred to AA/AAA last year, and I'd say for it being mid-July in his first full pro season he has played pretty darn solid.

I'm not personally insulting you at all, I'm calling you out for having ridiculous claims about a player. Saying Moran isn't a major league ball player and was a toss in for Gerrit Cole is absolutely insane. The guy was a top 100 prospect up until he lost prospect status even prior to making offensive adjustments last year and moved up even more when he did such.

Also, why would I not post articles that provide a statistical analysis for a player that backs up my claims? Especially one being fangraphs that is all about the analytical side and statistics side of baseball that is usually a pretty damn good indicator of future play for players whereas you are all about the first half season of a player MLB career and act as if this is his ceiling/he tops out where he is right now?

28 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Articles are no substitute for actual performance. Moran was a throwaway that Houston was trying to get whatever they could for based on his inflated numbers. They knew he would never be an Astro.

That was a "personal insult"? Wow

3 hours ago, El Gordo said:

More teams will be in on Britton than Manny. The return could be as good or better.

I’m excited. Getting a couple very solid prospects or a handful of good ones could really help boost our farm. Our offense may suck for a while, but I actually think we could piece together a decent rotation next season with what we currently have plus a prospect or two. 

So if Britton is traded with Manny to the Dodgers , Phillies, Skanks etc, how will we gauge the return.

I see the duo returning 5 players with 1 top 100, a couple very good prospect (in the teams to 15ish) and 2 other players. 

If we’d could get Verdugo, White, Smith, Gonsolin, and Bannon.

You have the figure Zach netted White and Bannon

or 

Smth and Bannon

Would you call that solid?

The Red Sox radio announcer  I listened to last night thinks the O's could get a haul for Britton because of the need for relievers for contenders.  He said Britton is back to the old Britton.  He said they may get almost as much as they would get for Machado.  He said the O's are going to get a haul this trade deadline for their future.  Very encouraging.

54 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

The Red Sox radio announcer  I listened to last night thinks the O's could get a haul for Britton because of the need for relievers for contenders.  He said Britton is back to the old Britton.  He said they may get almost as much as they would get for Machado.  He said the O's are going to get a haul this trade deadline for their future.  Very encouraging.

Hope your right as we need it

Archived