Britton Trade Expectations

Greg Pappas

Britton Trade Expectations  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What trade return do you expect for Zach Britton?

• The return will be outstanding
    • The return will be solid
    • The return will be merely decent
    • The return will comparable to Colin Moran: low OBP, below average power, poor fielder with a limited future in MLB
    • The return will be worse than Colin Moran
    • The Orioles will not trade Britton and will not receive a compensation pick since there is no chance they will QO him.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/20/18 at 03:59

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Britton looked really good tonight.  He threw 96 a lot and hit 97 on his last pitch.  His pitches had nasty sink and hitters were swinging at pitches 2" off the ground.  ?

Thought the entire Gallo ab it was 97?

Either way, agreed. Looks good.

1 minute ago, ISU94 said:

Thought the entire Gallo ab it was 97?

Either way, agreed. Looks good.

I believe he hit 97 multiple times, but I didn't get an accurate count.  I believe a couple of pitches to Gallo were 96.  I'm more impressed by the crazy movement his pitches had.

On 7/12/2018 at 12:02 PM, Il BuonO said:

I don’t know if they soured on the Orioles after last year, but the Astros seem to make more sense than last year. Britton looks better now than he did then and with Giles being sent down they’re a man short.

• In a video for FOX Sports, Rosenthal says the Orioles would prefer to separate Machado and reliever Zach Britton in trade discussions, believing they can maximize their return by moving them in separate deals. That could be in part because the Astros (who are not likely suitors for Machado) have interest in Britton.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/07/latest-on-manny-machado-2.html

Gallo was completely helpless.    Of course, he frequently is.   Chris Davis part deux, minus the huge contract.   But Britton did look like vintage Britton.   Grounder on a hit that hit the ground two feet in front of home plate, and two strikeouts on pitches that were at the ankles by the time the batter swung.   

Zach did look good last night .  .  . against the Rangers. If I’m trading for him, I’d like to see how he does against the more patient and better hitters on the RS. I’d also  like to see a few curve balls in or near the strike zone. 

7 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Zach did look good last night .  .  . against the Rangers. If I’m trading for him, I’d like to see how he does against the more patient and better hitters on the RS. I’d also  like to see a few curve balls in or near the strike zone. 

pfffft. He just looked mighty good against the Yankees. I think they rank as pretty good, without looking at the stats. ZB has done the team a real solid, he has come back very strong and it will gift us a huge return for our rebuild. It will also gift him a spot at the back of the bullpen for a contender.

17 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Vizcaino back to DL.  Braves could be a match. I like Touki Toussaint based on name and 65 fastball.

Yeah, Toussaint is a major target in my eyes. I'd be ecstatic if we could pry one of the Braves prized pitching prospects.

Archived