Orioles Ratings Down 50%

weams

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ripken said:

They haven't been fun to watch for three seasons now.

I don’t agree at all.   2016 was a great ride and I enjoyed it thoroughly.     Last year had a poor ending but it was still a fun season for the most part.     

I still watch every game, just maybe not the whole game. I have forgotten to watch a few times, but if the game isn't on TV, it's on GameDay. I don't listen much to the radio. Hunter is the hardest part of watching the telecasts, though. He has been especially grating lately.

I don't really find the team as hard to watch as others may because I saw something like this coming and I know it needs to happen to wake this organization up. Whether it will or not is yet to be seen. What is happening this season is something the Orioles brought on themselves with terrible decision making and a rapidly degrading environment within the organization. Things need to change. The only reason the lesson is so harsh is because the Orioles didn't learn anything from the previous 14 year long darkness and are headed right back to what we were doing then. There's still time to make some redeeming decisions, but it's running out fast.

I still hope, more than anything, that the team is sold within the next few years. At the end of the day, that is really what's needed in Baltimore.

4 hours ago, BarclaySouthway said:

Man, if people on this board aren't watching, who is?

(I'm not watching.)

The fact that Richard Bleier is somehow still third on this team in WAR and hasn't even played since June 13th speaks volumes.

On 7/16/2018 at 12:24 PM, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Maybe this will wake up ownership and start operating more like the Indians and Astros.  

The Indians are averaging less than 3,000 per game than the Orioles, and they are a really good team. They used to sell out like the Orioles. Imagine If they were as bad as the Orioles.  Interest in baseball is down in general. I know times change, but i can't get into it as much anymore. I get sick of watching weak rollers into shifts...all the new rules.  They show more in-game interviews than they show the game. 

It doesn't help you have these guys waiting to make hundreds of millions of dollars, and the average blue collered fan has to save up to attend a game. I know tickets aren't pricey, but it's not a necessity if you live week to week.

On 7/16/2018 at 8:35 PM, Frobby said:

I don’t agree at all.   2016 was a great ride and I enjoyed it thoroughly.     Last year had a poor ending but it was still a fun season for the most part.     

They have been a boring team to watch for awhile. Win or lose, the all or nothing offense doesn't excite me. Sure, a season of contending baseball is fun to watch, but that doesn't mean their style of play is.

Archived