Manny Machado Appreciation Thread

TonySoprano

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, esmd said:

Yeah, for me it's this one.  The 3 HR game in Chicago was something to behold as well, as are the multiple plays and throws we've seen him make, the majority from 3B.

I've enjoyed watching him these last 5-6 years.  He truly is a generational talent.  I don't blame the O's for not signing him to a be a lifetime, or at least long-term Oriole, just because it takes two to tango, and I don't think Manny was interested in signing to stay here.  That's fine, it's his right, even though it disappoints me as an O's fan.  I would've rather seen him dealt over the winter and avoided all this drama hanging over this season, but it is what it is, and Manny has handled it professionally.  Damn shame he's not going to be the next great career Oriole like Cal and Brooks, but it is what it is.

Will there ever be a player like Brooks or Cal who want to have a career staying in Baltimore? 

5 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I still marvel at it.  I jumped off my couch when he did it.  You'll never see a play like that again.

Thorne's call is great, but after Thorne says "Don't throw it away..." you hear Palmer just go "Ohh!" which is amazing because Palmer is rarely amazed by anything.  And then he just says "Woooow..."

I consider myself to be fortunate to have been at that game.   Not only did he make the perfect play at the perfect time in the middle of a pennant race, but he got the leadoff single that ignited the game winning rally the next inning.  

Just enjoying the look of pride on his face and the family joy except for that on his MIL's face (j/k) .....he was a wondrous prize to have as one of us, human frailties and all.  I have winced a few times, but his "wow factor" is what I will embrace into the future.  Hail Manny!

DiVF9WWVMAAS3qw.jpg

I have to echo Manny coming up and being amazing in 2012. That year was just so special and Manny was a big part of it. It was also nice tuning in every night for 6 years knowing there was a pretty good chance you may see a jaw-dropping defensive play by Manny at third. You will be missed, MM. 

4 hours ago, bobmc said:

Just enjoying the look of pride on his face and the family joy except for that on his MIL's face (j/k) .....he was a wondrous prize to have as one of us, human frailties and all.  I have winced a few times, but his "wow factor" is what I will embrace into the future.  Hail Manny!

DiVF9WWVMAAS3qw.jpg

I really hope Manny spends some of his new contract money on a stylist, because, my god, he has the worst fashion and haircut taste.

20 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

This turned out to be the last great moment of our 2012 - Sep. 2017 run of contention. 

Sweet one. 

A bit later (game 158) I loved the 7th inning go-ahead HR by Manny on the Saturday of the last weekend of the regular season. Tied us with NY for the AL East lead with four games to go. Electric.  O’s won again on Sunday, but lost two of 3 to Rays, and we know the rest ( the WC win and the Division Series loss).

Archived