Who do you value the most going forward?

baltfan

Which player are you least willing to trade before the deadline?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which player are you least willing to trade before the deadline?

• Givens
    • Gausman
    • Bundy
    • Schoop
    • Mancini

Just now, Tx Oriole said:

He is a major league player that's out of position on the wrong team.

He didn't hit all that well at Norfolk.  Don't think he can hit well enough to play first.   Perhaps he will turn things around but to me he seems like non MLB material.  

55 minutes ago, atomic said:

Why can't I see the people who voted for Mancini? Anyway they gave me a good laugh.  Mancini isn't a major league ball player. 

He was pretty good before he banged the hell out of his knee on a brick wall

4 minutes ago, baltfan said:

He was pretty good before he banged the hell out of his knee on a brick wall

Seriously?

Still?

The knee injury that didn't require a DL stint is still being used as an excuse?

Frobby has already explained how Mancini's slump didn't start until well after the injury.

45 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Seriously?

Still?

The knee injury that didn't require a DL stint is still being used as an excuse?

Frobby has already explained how Mancini's slump didn't start until well after the injury.

Guys play with nagging stuff all the time.  When it is something like a leg, it can really affect you.  I don’t have any inside knowledge, but he was a pretty consistent hitter until the injury. Now he is not.  I would be surprised if there isn’t something bothering him. 

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

And isn’t hitting enough to be starting as a major leaguer this year.

Not as long as Davis is at 1st. What I meant Trey belongs at 1st. He won't get moved there at long as Davis is on the team with that insane contract he has. 

He's not my favorite player on the list, but Bundy is easily the most valuable to us.

Givens is a good reliever but bullpens are easier to build than offenses, defenses, or rotations, and we don't need a good bullpen when we're bad. 

Schoop is a good player but he's only around for another year after this one.

I think I'm actually higher on Gausman's career arc than Bundy's, but he has one less year of team control and is two years older, both of which make a difference. 

I voted Mancini, but I saw the question differently.  I don't think Mancini is the best of those players, but I think he provides the most value as a player going forward bc the others provide the most return in trades.  Mancini is controllable and someone to start over the next 3 years of the rebuild.  He may never be great, but who cares as he will either be gone or replaced by the time we are winning again if he doesn't perform.  If he does develop, he could be the veteran presence on our next winning team.  

A more appropriate thread title may be, "who has value on this roster after our trade assets are gone."  Those trade assets would include Givens, Bundy, Gausman, and Schoop even though they have control left.

Of the current roster, the only players I can see earning roster spots for the next couple of years if everyone of trade value is shipped out are Mancini, Beckham, Ramirez, Scott, Hart, Castro, Wynns, Fry, and Rickard.  You can probably add Sisco, Hess, and Yac to that list as they have been up and down.  There are plenty of others coming up from milb obviously, but of the current roster, these are the only guys I see sticking around for a couple of more seasons. 

Archived