Updated Farm System Rankings After Trade

Roll Tide

2 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I just want a more balanced lineup. I am so tired of the HR or K lineup. Especially when the HR aren't coming. 

"analytics"

Time for this franchise to show us it's worth supporting.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

OK how's this

1. S Mullins (CF)
  2. R Diaz (RF)
  3. R Mancini (1B)
  4. R Schoop (3B)
  5. R Mountcastle (DH)
  6. L Sisco (C)
  7. R Hays (RF)
  8. R Bannon (2B)
  9. whoever plays SS (not in organization)

DJ Stewart is 4th OF, occasional DH and LH pinch hitter.

vs RHP
(R) Diaz LF
(L) Stewart DH
(R) Mouncastle 3B
(R) Schoop 2B
(S) Mullins CF
(L) Davis 1B
(R) Hays RF
(L) Sisco C
(R) Grenier SS

vs LHP
(R) Diaz DH
(R) Hays RF
(R) Mouncastle 3B
(R) Schoop 2B
(S) Mullins CF
(R) Mancini 1B
(R) McKenna LF
(L) Sisco C
(R) Grenier SS

My 2020 lineup using players currently in the organization: 

• 1. Diaz (LF)
  • 2. Hays (RF)
  • 3. Mountcastle (1B)
  • 4. Schoop (2B)
  • 5. Stewart/Mancini (DH platoon)
  • 6. Bannon (3B)
  • 7. Mullins (CF)
  • 8. Greiner (SS)
  • 9. Sisco (C)

Rotation:  1. Bundy 2. Gausman 3. Akin 4. Kremer 5. Lowther

Fourth outfielder:  McKenna.  Pains me to do it but we just have too many outfielders.  Mullins may ultimately be the fourth outfielder if all of these guys graduate and are healthy.   

56 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I know the mods will want to move this ...Hoping we leave it long enough for the more casual posters or those not thrilled with the deal

So Diaz #2 , Kremer #13 , Bannon #17 , and Pop # 29

We have improved our farm system with 1 move drastically

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018?list=bal

Just based on what I've read about these guys and looking at their 2018 stats, I think the latter three are going to rank higher on the OH's List than where MLB has them.  Pop has closer stuff for example, so I think he gets closer (no pun intended) to the kind of ranking Tanner Scott had at the beginning of the season.  I see him in the 15-20 range.  Kremer should be in the top 10 and maybe in the top 5 if he finishes strong in Double A.  Bannon could be a few slots higher than 17, but probably still outside the top 10. 

1 hour ago, 25 Nuggets said:

OK how's this

1. S Mullins (CF)
  2. R Diaz (RF)
  3. R Mancini (1B)
  4. R Schoop (3B)
  5. R Mountcastle (DH)
  6. L Sisco (C)
  7. R Hays (RF)
  8. R Bannon (2B)
  9. whoever plays SS (not in organization)

DJ Stewart is 4th OF, occasional DH and LH pinch hitter.

So two right fielders — an offshoot of the infield shift teams are throwing out there?    ?

8 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I know the mods will want to move this ...Hoping we leave it long enough for the more casual posters or those not thrilled with the deal

So Diaz #2 , Kremer #13 , Bannon #17 , and Pop # 29

We have improved our farm system with 1 move drastically

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018?list=bal

Joke of rankings. You’re telling me that Sedlock is ranked higher there than Kremer?  Based on what?  Draft status?

luis Gonzales is #21 for us. He’s 26 and just got to AAA. 

I’d have it as Diaz #2, Kremer #9, Bannon #12, and Pop #20

Diaz is in the 1-3 range.

Kremer is in the 9-13 range.

Bannon in the 14-20 range.

Pop in the 18-24 range.

Velara isn't in the top thirty, but he's close.

Subject to change after I review game video, but that's my feeling.

The Orioles IMO did well to grab Kremer, Bannon, and Pop who all have a good mix of non-raw prospects who still have some solid upside. 

26 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Joke of rankings. You’re telling me that Sedlock is ranked higher there than Kremer?  Based on what?  Draft status?

luis Gonzales is #21 for us. He’s 26 and just got to AAA. 

I’d have it as Diaz #2, Kremer #9, Bannon #12, and Pop #20

I'd have Kremer ahead of Wells, Baumann, and Sedlock but it's not my list. Saw a list from a Dodgers board that had Kremer, Bannon, and Pop listed in their 50-100 prospects. I believe Kremer in the 50s, Bannon in the 70s, and Pop in the 90s. Of course it was preseason.

9 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

At this point, I don't expect anything from Harvey.

I am guessing you felt the same way about Bundy at multiple points in his minor league career. I get what you are saying but Harvey still has #1 upside potential so he is still a prospect and prospect status is all about upside, not what you "expect".

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

I'd have Kremer ahead of Wells, Baumann, and Sedlock but it's not my list. Saw a list from a Dodgers board that had Kremer, Bannon, and Pop listed in their 50-100 prospects. I believe Kremer in the 50s, Bannon in the 70s, and Pop in the 90s. Of course it was preseason.

Agreed, Kremer has what looks like a killer FB, t97, elite spin 4S, I could see him as a RH Wei-Yen Chen (optimistic comp).

1 hour ago, Luke-OH said:

Agreed, Kremer has what looks like a killer FB, t97, elite spin 4S, I could see him as a RH Wei-Yen Chen (optimistic comp).

I'm hoping for better than Chen as Kremer appears to have a pretty good ground ball rate unless I'm mistaken.

Here is there profile from early this year 

50. RHP Dean Kremer (6’2, 191 pounds, 22 years old)

Kremer was the Dodgers’ 14th-round pick in the 2016 MLB Draft out of UNLV. Fun fact: He’s the first ever Israeli drafted by an MLB team. The numbers don’t immediately jump out at you — a 5.18 ERA isn’t exactly great. But he missed his fare share of bats last season with Rancho Cucamonga (27.0 K%) and limited the free passes (9.6 BB%). Because he pitched in such a hitter-friendly league, the ERA isn’t as concerning as it would be if he pitched in the Midwest- or Texas Leagues.

The right-hander has a bit of a crossfire delivery and arm whip, but it works for him. He doesn’t have overpowering stuff, as he works in the 91-94 MPH range. His fastball has good riding action up in the strike zone, which is something the Dodgers value in their relievers. He pairs the fastball with an 11-5-shaped (from the catcher’s perspective) curveball that sits in the 76-79 MPH range. It has some good downward movement in the strike zone, leading to so funky swings and whiffs. He also has a low-80s slider that isn’t as refined as his curveball but is still a decent enough pitch that he should continue to throw it. He has a consistent release point but when he rushes his delivery, he tends to get a little bit wild. His front shoulder flies open and causes him to miss with both his pitches.

After a full season in the California League, Kremer should get a full look in the Texas League with the Drillers. While he has starting experience in the past, Tulsa’s rotation doesn’t look like it has any room for Kremer, so he’ll work out of the bullpen (which is his ultimate home, if he makes it to he majors). He could be a fungible middle-relief type at the next level, should he make it.

2017 ranking: 78
2018 location: Double-A Tulsa
ETA: 2020

Archived