And Manny will wear #8... the pain is REAL!

Todd-O

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, MikeAD said:

I scooped up the jersey T this morning. I love that he's wearing number 8 !!!  I wish that I could see a Dodgers game this season, but alas, it's not in the cards. Go Manny, Go!!!

o

ff_3230942alt1_full.jpg&w=600

o

I'm not sure what part of the country that you live in, but the Dodgers are playing 3 games against the Phillies in Philadelphia in just a few days (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.)

http://www.espn.com/mlb/team/schedule/_/name/lad/los-angeles-dodgers

o

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

I'm not sure what part of the country that you live in, but the Dodgers are playing 3 games against the Phillies in Philadelphia in just a few days (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.)

o

I bet some fans that complain about Camden Yards being unsafe, have no problems venturing into Philly and attending a game.

mmmmm

1 minute ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

Yeah unfortunately im in NYC and will be in FL for the rest of this month for work.  Will miss the Philly series and no trips back to NY this year.  I did get to sit behind the dugout for the last game against the Mets and got to share a few words with Manny.  Obviously doesn't matter if I say thank you and goodbye but it meant a lot to me and he at least said thank you LOL.  

13 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

11 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I bet some fans that complain about Camden Yards being unsafe will have no problems venturing into Philly, and attending a game there.

Hmmmmm.

o

In my experience(s), you are less likely to be bothered at any venue if you wear a mask on your face and a Rally Monkey around your neck. 

Whenever I go to Oriole games in Baltimore, I always park for free in Little Italy, which is about a 15-minute walk from the stadium. I never take my gear off until I get back to my car.

o

4 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

In my experience(s), you are less likely to be bothered at any venue if you wear a mask on your face and a Rally Monkey around your neck. 

Whenever I go to Oriole games in Baltimore, I always park for free in Little Italy, which is about a 15-minute walk from the stadium. I never take my gear off until I get back to my car.

o

I’d be afraid someone will want my monkey and my mask, beat me up to get ‘em and then you have someone who looks just like me on all the milk cartons and Amber alerts. 

Just kidding. I only felt uneasy once in my 20 plus years walking around the ballpark area. I strayed too far into an area I didn’t know well. 

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

In my experience(s), you are less likely to be bothered at any venue if you wear a mask on your face and a Rally Monkey around your neck. Whenever I go to Oriole games in Baltimore, I always park for free in Little Italy, which is about a 15-minute walk from the stadium. I never take my gear off until I get back to my car.

o

I haven't had the slightest problem at any Oriole game over the years.

The park is a pretty safe venue.

This can not be said for some other parks, and while Ive never been to Philly personally, from what I have read and heard, its not that great.

5 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I haven't had the slightest problem at any Oriole game over the years.

The park is a pretty safe venue.

This can not be said for some other parks, and while Ive never been to Philly personally, from what I have read and heard, its not that great.

Philly fans are obnoxious and its hard to be anywhere without slurs being thrown around, loudly.  In or outside the stadium.  Hard to have kids around that, for me at least.  I have been to almost every MLB stadium and have only ever had trouble in LA, the area around Dodger stadium can be bad if you dont know what youre doing.  Im from Baltimore tho so never felt any negative way or unsafe in my life there (meaning in Bmore).  

34 minutes ago, MikeAD said:

Philly fans are obnoxious and its hard to be anywhere without slurs being thrown around, loudly.  In or outside the stadium.  Hard to have kids around that, for me at least.  I have been to almost every MLB stadium and have only ever had trouble in LA, the area around Dodger stadium can be bad if you dont know what youre doing.  Im from Baltimore tho so never felt any negative way or unsafe in my life there (meaning in Bmore).  

I believe the football stadium is next door, and to be honest, Ive personally heard of more problems after football games than baseball games, with assaults/fights, etc, but that doesn't mean its safer, right?

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

I believe the football stadium is next door, and to be honest, Ive personally heard of more problems after football games than baseball games, with assaults/fights, etc, but that doesn't mean its safer, right?

The area where the 3 philly stadiums are is fine crime wise, its just a lot of drunk people, and yeah a lot of fights.  Its like that for all four sports, the tailgate culture and area is enormous.  

36 minutes ago, MikeAD said:

Yeah, I don't know why people are so concerned about Camden Yards when people like get stabbed and die outside games in SF and LA.

Archived