Dan Duquette -- any chance he stays?

Bradysburns

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I agree with the first paragraph but to me Buck and Brady have to go if Dan stays.  They can say whatever they like now but I feel that at some point they would attempt to exert influence again.

As long as it was made clear that Dan can fire Buck and Brady if he chooses to, then that is how I would want to see it.  Buck and Brady report to Dan...if not, then, yes, they need to go.   And they may not agree to work for Dan and leave instead. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Simple question. Do you trust Dan if he is unrestrained with full power?

Well, if by unrestrained, you mean that he is given full control to hire/fire his manager, assistants, scouts and make trades and acquisitions using a specific budget including the international market?

Of course.

8 hours ago, Natty said:

Fellow fans, wake up. Let this sink in...

We are the worst team in baseball. Time to clean house.

The question to me is WHY are we the worst team in baseball. 

I don't think it's because Dan Duquette suddenly lost his baseball intelligence. 

I think it's because the kitchen got VERY full during our winning years... with Buck, Brady and the janitor all chiming in on key personnel decisions. And of course, the biggest issue has (apparently) been PA's ongoing interference. If he pushed to sign CD to that contract, then case closed. DD has been operating with one hand and one foot tied behind his back. 

If that's true, let's take a deep breath. 

We currently have one of the best GM's in baseball, IMO. He's so good, Toronto was trying to PRY him away from us through any means necessary! He's so good, he came onboard and we were the BEST team in baseball for FIVE YEARS! 

We still have THAT guy in house. The biggest issue has been PA and Brady and Buck, all nosing around every decision that gets made. 

I'm saying if John Angelos takes over day-to-day... and he installs Dan... and they're both on the same page with international scouting, player dev, et al... then maybe we'd be better off keeping SOME continuity, by keeping DD around. 

On the other hand, if DD had full autonomy and made all these decisions himself (CD contract, padding the roster with too many castoffs and retreads, etc.), fine... throw him out, too. But I don't suspect that'd been the case. 

Archived